Guest Blackjack2359

VinylMaster Cut Trace issue

Guest Blackjack2359

I have been working on an image and have been trying to get a good image to send to the cutter. When I vectorize the image, and I press Trace, some of my image is gone. I am using Vinylmaster Cut. When I click and hold on the image, it is again all there, but if I let go of the mouse, some of the image disappears. Any ideas why?

See screenshot below.

Screenshot.jpg

Try the Split view option. It will let you see the original and a preview of the trace which will show you how it will turn out after you accept the settings. You can see the adjustments made as you play with the smoothing and other detail sliders etc...

Guest VinylMaster Support

Notice how the black and the gray colors have a red cross through them. This means those colors are ignored (treated as a background color).

Try right clicking on those colors, and you should see them included in the trace colors, which may be all you need to do to show the missing color.

What you see in the screen shot,  is after I have pressed trace. Prior to pressing trace, I continue to add colors until the image is showing the colors I have choose when I originally designed the image. For some reason, this program doesn't always recognize the colors correctly. I am not understanding is why when I press trace, does most of my image disappear? But when I click and hold on the image with my mouse, it shows all of my image until I let go of the mouse. If I go ahead and accept the traced image, what I see (just like in the screen shot) is what I get, not what I want. Hope this explains a little bit more.

I'm unfamiliar with VinylMaster but if the colors that are disappearing are light colors, that could be the issue. Are there any settings in the trace menu to adjust what the program considers an edge? I use Inkscape, and there are several things that can be adjusted that dramatically change the auto trace results. Can you post a shot of the original image you're trying to trace?

To my knowledge, Vinylmaster Cut is the cutting software. I to have Inkscape, but when I finish designing my image, I save the image as a png file, then open Vinylmaster Cut, then vectorize the image, then cut the image out. 

The bottom of the image is black, but it disappears when I press trace. I just don't understand what and why this is happening. 

So you are designing your image in inkscape?  Inkscape is  a vector program..Save the design as an .eps file and( svg file, so you can edit if have to later.) when done and import into Vinyl Master and cut it. No need to vector the file again. It is being saved as a vector file.  Or did I misunderstand something?

Vinyl Master

The Software imports (loads) most popular image and vector file formats (external document files) including .ai, .eps, .jpg, .pdf, .png, .tiff along with many others. Note: The higher levels of the Software imports (loads) many more file formats.

Hey MZ, take a look again. VM Cut will NOT recognize eps files. Here is a screen shot of all of the files allowed when you click on import file:

Understand my frustration now?

Screenshot (4).png

EPS is considered a vector format for the purposes of VinylMaster and can be imported by clicking File (menu) > Import > File

PDF is ideal for artwork that contains vectors and images.

3 minutes ago, VinylMaster said:

EPS is considered a vector format for the purposes of VinylMaster and can be imported by clicking File (menu) > Import > File

PDF is ideal for artwork that contains vectors and images.

Does VinylMaster Cut  import .eps files?     The Op is using CUT version....  

Just now, VinylMaster said:

Yes it does.

Thanks...  I only have the demo, but was trying to help.  But that is what I thought.  

It's me again. Don't mean to be a pain in the rear. I really want to learn how to use this software effectively and learn what it can and can not do.

I have imported my image (has multiple colors). First, I imported the eps file. Then sent it to the cutter (see first 4 screenshots). If I go ahead and cut from this, I will end up with 4 layers of vinyl stacked on top of each other. Not good.

Then, when I imported (open from images tab), then vectorize the image, then send to the cutter (see second set of 4 screenshots), only the individual colors are cut and not the entire image of different colors.

I sure hope I am explaining myself well enough. I would love to have been about to just use a eps file, but not at the expense of stacking all my layers of vinyl. Oh, but the way. I'm using VM Cut (not pro, LTR, or DSR).

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (8).png

Screenshot (9).png

Screenshot (10).png

Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (12).png

You have never posted your cut file from Inkscape.  How do you know it is correct?  I just imported a colored .eps file from  a purchased disc.  I am using VM Letter Demo and it looks just like yours.   I did not revector the file in Vinyl Master, and it separated the colors just fine for each  part of the design.   So it does not have be vectored from Vinyl Master to work.    Post your vectored file. 

Image was purchased, on a disc....all I did was import it into Vinyl Master....Worked fine.  Every color was separated for each part.

color demo.JPG

color demo1.JPG

6 hours ago, Blackjack2359 said:

I have imported my image (has multiple colors). First, I imported the eps file. Then sent it to the cutter (see first 4 screenshots). If I go ahead and cut from this, I will end up with 4 layers of vinyl stacked on top of each other. Not good.

This looks like the same artwork (graphic) but in different colors, and not separate parts of some multi-color artwork.

Also, when you refer to an image this means: bitmap, picture, scan or photograph.

So please refer to vectors as either curves, paths or vector artwork so we know which you mean :blink: 

• Like 2

Guest Vectorizing Issue

When I vectorize my png. Logo it gives me a black box. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

image.jpg

Select your Object and Menu > File > Export > File (or Control + E) to Export your image as a .jpg then Drag & Drop that new image into Vm and Vector.

My VinylMaster also hiccups on occasion with .png and .svg files.

I suspect it's the transparent background of PNG and SVG files that occasionally causes problems. Also, be aware, going from png to jpg you can loose some detail, probably not a problem in this case. To preserve detail of a png files and loose the transparent background convert it to a bmp file.

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.