mark-s

CNC update

My friend and I are going to build 2 CNC machines.

4 X 8 for me and a 4 X 4 for him.

Here is a picture of what it will look like.

Also picked up this little gem. Carvewight CNC for $100.00

mark-s

CNC BUILD.jpg

CARVEWRIGHT MACHINE A.jpg

• Like 3

Good luck with the Carvewight . I've got one here. Paid $2000 for it brand new and never use it and wish I had never bought it. But for $100, it might be worth it...

You should try and use it.

I figured for $100 what the hell.

Looks intriguing, soon as I get some slow time from signs (LOL) I`m going to play with it.

mark-s

I used it quite a bit back when I bought it. Not for anything practical though. Any wood carving it does just needs too much cleanup and finishing... Then I had big beefs with the company and failures to deliver on promises. I finally just gave up in disgust... Apparently after many hardware and software updates, they seem to be past the 'beta' stage and some people now like them. I don't have the time or money for the updates, so it sits and collects dust... I can't even remember what computer my software was registered to? Same BS as some other companies where you can only register one (maybe 2?) computers to use the software. Just too much pain all around for me to stick with it. In your case, for that price, how could you go wrong? Just make sure you get the correct lubricant (and use it frequently) for the routers drive cable!!!

• Like 1

Awesome! Im in the planning stages of my own CNC build. Im not going to build a big one. Maybe 2x2, It will mainly be used to build the larger one once I get out of the military, moving a large CNC every 4 years doesnt sound like a good idea.

Keep us updated on the build!

Are you building from scratch or from plans or a kit?

Thanks Rich to bad for your nightmares with the company.

I wouldn`t go out and buy one at that price $1800.00 for a toy I don`t think so.

Had a guy make me a $500.00 offer today I just might sell it to him.

Coaster I`m building a 4 X 8 and my friend is building a 4 X 4.

Have a set of plans to go by but everything will be beefed up for more stability.

All motors will be at leased double the size.

Were in the middle of puting a parts list and cost sheet together.

It`s going to be fun.

mark-s

I would hate to take $500 for mine... I have more than that in add-ons and accessories alone. I'm kind of stuck with it since it's the first model without the later "improvements". With what it cost me, I just can't bring myself to sell it for what it's really worth... Especially since they refuse to transfer the licensing of the scanner to a new owner! That make a very expensive accessory just an ugly paper weight...

Maybe some day I'll look into making it work again and updating the software?

I would love to have a large flat bed (4x8) unit but too much money and time involved. Good luck with your project! Hope you keep us posted!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mark-s said:

Thanks Rich to bad for your nightmares with the company.

I wouldn`t go out and buy one at that price $1800.00 for a toy I don`t think so.

Had a guy make me a $500.00 offer today I just might sell it to him.

Coaster I`m building a 4 X 8 and my friend is building a 4 X 4.

Have a set of plans to go by but everything will be beefed up for more stability.

All motors will be at leased double the size.

Were in the middle of puting a parts list and cost sheet together.

It`s going to be fun.

mark-s

What plans are you using if you dont mind me asking? 

Have you been on CNCzone? So far its the best CNC forum Ive found.