Sign in to follow this  
Guest HazardousJJ

Vectorization is cutting around the border, not my design

Guest HazardousJJ

Okay so basically I have made a jolly Roger image that is a transparent .png file and I imported it to vinyl master cut and clicked "vectorize" so it can convert it to a vector to cut. I've done this with other transparent .png files and yet this one is giving me a headache. All the other images only cut out the black part of my image and leave me with a vectorized version of my logo like it's supposed to. With this jolly Roger, it traces the border of the image file and leaves everything around the design grey, while the design itself is transparent. I figured if I cropped the image more, it wouldn't do that. After cropping it in Photoshop, it simply won't vectorize anything. I used the other design that worked before as a test in the same file and it worked, so it must have something to do with the image.

Any suggestions as to what could be happening? Any ideas on what to do? Searching the internet has left me empty handed and so here I am. I have no pictures since I had to head off to work. Any help is deeply appreciated!

Guest VinylMaster Support

In the vectorizing screen, there is a section at the bottom that shows the detected colors that will be traced. The one the computer thinks is the background will have a red X through the color box. If you use the right mouse button, you can click on any of these colors to turn that color on or off. 

Try that to see if you can use the right mouse button on these color boxes to override what colors will be traced or ignored.

• Like 1

Guest HazardousJJ

Alas! That did the trick. Didn't know the right click changed things. I am on a tablet and was just tapping it back and forth with no results. Thank you!

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this