Sign in to follow this  
charlieguinchard1

Redsail Machine

Hi,

I bought a 2nd Hand Redsail Machine a couple of months ago, it was working okay. It needed a new blade so bought a new blade. Working well again, but shortly after it started playing up. When it goes to cut round corners it either leaves a little mark or it rips it, making signs come out really bad quality.

I was thinking a blade holder problem?

I'm new to all this so just thought id ask before I do anything

Cheers

Charlie

Hey Charlie

Let me suggest that you got over to the introduction section and introduce yourself first.  let us know a little about you and what software you are using.

as for your problem with the cutter, you mentioned that everything was working well until you replaced the blade.  I'd check to see if there isn't a small piece of vinyl caught in the blade holder preventing the blade from swiveling, since it was working for a short time after you replaced the blade.  Things like blade offset, blade pressure and blade stick out can also cause the same problems.  I hope this helps.

Doug 

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the reply,

I am using FlexiSign to design, then importing into ArtCut. I'm not sure if I have the blade holder in the right position as well as the blade. Ive checked blade holder and their is no vinyl stuck in there.

Charlie

Artcut is horrible software..Have read many complaints about it. .  You state you have Flexisign,  so why aren't you cutting with it?  

So how did you set your blade depth?  This is how to the blade correctly.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 1

I had a about the same problem years ago  when I bought my Roland sp540. I slowed the cutting speed down and got rid of the small uncut nicks. Also lower your offset to .25