Primal Decals

Strange vinyl issue

So i have a group i have been doing decals etc for over a year now. No issues ever ,everyone is great etc..One of my customers that ive done a lot of work for had a issue when it was warm out and he  went to wash his jeep ,he knows to be careful with decals. When he sprayed the front glass where the decal was .It caused a spit immediately in the middle of a letter when the cold water hit it. this is oracal 751  roughly about 5 moths old and is parked in a garage mostly... here is a image he sent me..  Has anyone  ever heard of this before? 

I told him it could possibly be like when you do the opposite in the winter to glass with hot water but wasnt sure,Either  way it was a simple fix but i am wondering What the heck?

17758116_10209552025259687_712728685_n.jpg

I'd say he hit it with a jet of water and listen and tore it at that point. You probably can't say that to his face if you want a happy client but user error would be my guess. 

I have to agree with Wildgoose, we use Oracal 751 on vehicle all the time, and our temperatures range from 90-100 in the summer to -20 in the winter.  and the vinyl never does this even after years.  Even if there is an existing split in the vinyl like an accidental cut it just pulls a little showing the surface underneath.  Just replace it and keep him happy. :D

1 hour ago, Wildgoose said:

I'd say he hit it with a jet of water and listen and tore it at that point. You probably can't say that to his face if you want a happy client but user error would be my guess. 

53 minutes ago, FrznFire07 said:

I have to agree with Wildgoose, we use Oracal 751 on vehicle all the time, and our temperatures range from 90-100 in the summer to -20 in the winter.  and the vinyl never does this even after years.  Even if there is an existing split in the vinyl like an accidental cut it just pulls a little showing the surface underneath.  Just replace it and keep him happy. :D

Lol. I did confront him..Thats how well i know him. And i will confront any customer when it comes to claiming an issue,.And he did use a pressure washer,He admitted it to my girlfriend that he uses one on his jeep lol... But because he has bought alot from me i replaced it for nothing ,It was only 3"x28" Nor cal jeeps ,And it landed me a job where he works for doing lettering and a logo for their passenger bus. so it worked out for me lol.. Thank you guys for nailing it lol...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Primal Decals said:

Lol. I did confront him..Thats how well i know him. And i will confront any customer when it comes to claiming an issue,.And he did use a pressure washer,He admitted it to my girlfriend that he uses one on his jeep lol... But because he has bought alot from me i replaced it for nothing ,It was only 3"x28" Nor cal jeeps ,And it landed me a job where he works for doing lettering and a logo for their passenger bus. so it worked out for me lol.. Thank you guys for nailing it lol...

you did the right thing because he was honest - worked in the prison system for 27.5 years and if someone was honest it you usually tried to work with them but when they lied and you knew it - you let them know you knew :)

• Like 3