CutCut

PCUT CS630 Won't Start Cutting from Signblazer. Only Displays This On Screen...

Hi everyone. Hope you're doing well.

I recently bought a PCUT CS630 and i'm having some problems. I sent something to cut from Signblazer but all that happened is the cutter showed 'Working... COM1-CONNECTION' on the screen. Nothing else happens. I have attached an image showing you exactly what it displays and have also noted down more info below.

I'm running Windows 7 64 Bit.

I installed the USB Driver that came with the CD. The driver is 'CDM20802'. It states that 64 Bit is supported.

The cutter is connected to the computer via the USB cable that came with it. It also has an SD Card slot but I am unsure how to properly save a file from Signblazer to it.

I have Signblazer installed and it seems to be working fine. 

I have already done a cut test using the cutter itself with no software, but this time I wanted to test my cutter with signblazer for the first time so I created a 2 x 2 square. I went to 'Setup' within the cutter area. Unfortunately my PCUT CS630 is not listed with the rest of the Creation cutters. So I just chose the PCUT CT630 instead. I've also tried others.

I chose the correct Output Device (same as the one in my device manager). 

I clicked OK and then clicked 'Cut!' and then finally 'Cut Tile'.

The cutter then recognized that I clicked 'Cut Tile' and then Optic Eye turned on. However. The cutter didn't start. It just showed this message on screen. Nothing else.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thanks alot.

Cutter.jpg

Hi there, I have the exact same issue with my (new to me) cs1200 same cutter generation just twice as big. I’m running Artcut (New to all of this) and your issue is the same as mine, although in Artcut I can locate the cs1200 vs the ct1200. Did you ever figure it out? 

In SB, check the settings in the Cut menu: Cutter > Setup

Make sure that the Output Device is set to the com port that Windows assigned to your cutter. Do NOT use Auto.

Baud Rate should be 9600 or slower.

If you needed to change any of the those settings, restart your computer for good measure.

Hi again, just thought I should come back and update the thread, at the very least as a thankyou to the response and to keep the information sharing going.

After spending a solid 3 days googling all there is to know about pCuts and the different models, problems with getting the cutters t0 respond etc it seemed the constant issue was the usb vs serial port cord argument. Some people the USB would work one day and then not the next, the USB would work on some computers and not others. So I bought a USB to serial rs 232 for $6 and bang - machine came to life! So excited, the kids think that I'm the greatest. So far all I have been able to achieve is text but they are happy with seeing their names.

I also had to change the baud rate for the cs1200 to 38,400. on both the port and the artcut software. I'm running windows 7.

The only issue that I have now is that I have to flip and reverse the image to get it to cut the right way, and sometimes its good and other times the cutter throws a big slice right through the middle of the work.

The only other thing that I will throw in, is that it seems information on the pcut CS range, the 630 and the 1200 is somewhat limited compared to their other models.

Glad  you are up and running at least a little. I would be willing to bet that most of your problems with flipped and weird slashes are coming from Artcut. I have yet to hear a good word about that program. Never ran it myself so I only go by what people say which could be brand new users just not understanding but every single one seem to have issues. Now that you are at least getting some connection you might give a different cutting utility a try. I recommend trying the free trial of SignCut Pro. They have tech support if you run into trouble and the new version has some design capability. I run the old Pro 1 version that is just for cuts and do my design elsewhere but they upgraded recently. USCutter used to package SignCut with the cutters and it was what came with my CT1200 that I originally started out cutter life with. I like it so much I have stayed with it even with my $3500 Summa. 

quoteSo excited, the kids think that I'm the greatest.

This reaction leads me back to to the original heading of the thread -- SignBlazer. It's always felt to me as a KIDS' program...

You might want to download / install the free version and play with the DRAW Library graphics with the kids ---- they'll love cutting out animal decals!!!  Yep, even a penguin!

Here is the "hidden link" of the aforementioned software (officially listed in the About menu as v7.0 after install).

Have some fun!

• Like 1