Sign in to follow this  
justso12331

Sc 34 inch

Anyone know what causes the machine to cut and not completing cut . Posted pics of it. The corner of the o looks like the photo of the p. Any help would be appreciated. I'm using scalp 

IMG_2772.JPG

IMG_2773.JPG

IMG_2774.JPG

maybe off topic but it looks like your speed is a little fast and you are using alot of pressure for regular vinyl.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, xpaperman said:

maybe off topic but it looks like your speed is a little fast and you are using alot of pressure for regular vinyl.

Yeah that's fast, but if it works it works.  I go 300-400 speed, 200 if it is something I feel I have to heavy babysit.  I go 90 grams for pressure most of the time.  If you hare having to hit almost 800 grams to get proper cuts, something else is wrong like blade depth.  That is alot of pressure.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, xpaperman said:

Totally agree. Slow it down to something like 200mm/sec to start off and gradually increase your speed to the point you are happy with it. Your car is probably capable of going 120mph and it may be fun to run that fast once in a while for the thrill but think about how hard that would be on the components if you were to drive it that way all the time. Your cutter is built by people probably making a couple bucks a day out of about the most cost effective (spelled cheap a$$ in english) parts they can conjure up so going full speed very often is budget cutter suicide. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dcbevins said:

Yeah that's fast, but if it works it works.  I go 300-400 speed, 200 if it is something I feel I have to heavy babysit.  I go 90 grams for pressure most of the time.  If you hare having to hit almost 800 grams to get proper cuts, something else is wrong like blade depth.  That is alot of pressure.

Thats about where I was with my SC

• Like 1

Ok I lowered the speed 300, and the pressure to 85. I also messed with the overcut, I'm pretty sure I've got it close to cutting normal, just gotta fine tune the settings. I appreciate all the help thanks everyone 

Yes, the SC model is very tricky to get set just right.  It's a learning curve.  However, once you get it tweaked just right I think it is one of the better lower end machines!  You can get some good small stuff out of it with practice!

The downside?  It seems like once you get it perfect.... it's time to change the blade..... UUUGGGHHHHH.  LOL

• Like 2

lol I use to own a Roland cox 300 and it was a good machine but I got out of the hobby and let it go cheap . I'm going to save up and get another one.