Hello all, I am brand new to the world of cutters. I paint very large wall murals (12 ft to 120 ft wide).  I used to pay a buddy to cut pounce patterns in butcher paper for font accuracy when lettering was required. He had a Graphtec, but recently bought a new machine. Now I bought a cutter of my own. I have the Titan 3.  US Cutter Support has not been able to help me at all, in fact they do not know what a pounce pattern is for that matter. 

Did I buy the wrong cutter? The Vinylmaster Cut software came pre-loaded, and works fine to import an Illustrator file.

Does anyone think they can point me in the right direction? I would really appreciate some help in this dilemma. 

Have done a number of similar (but smaller scale) projects and ran Brown Masking Paper paper

through the Plotter, drawing the pattern with a sharpie marker.  After hand-razoring out the drawn pattern,

use a small amount of Spray Adhesive like 3M Super 77 to temporary adhere the pattern to your

wall or MDO. With a fast drying spray primer, 'Pounce'  around the edges of the Stencil to transfer it

to the Substrate.

His friend using the Graphtec has a pounce condition  built into  the FC unit  Only the FC cutters.that I see.   There is a pounce tool for the Graphtec, The FC has the groove for the cross cutter to run thru,  so that is where the pounce pin would go so as not to damage the teflon strip.     Maybe OP could buy friend's Graphtec.. 

http://www.uscutter.com/Graphtec-Pouncing-Tool

• Like 1

Depending on which level of VinylMaster you have, in Pro and above you can create a Pen style for the text and set this to dozens of different dashed lines and then convert this to curves so it is cuttable. This will replicate pouncing and in fact gives you much more control over the output... just run a series of speed and force tests on the paper you are using as it will tend to tear if you don't do this.

If you don't want to weed (blow out) the dashes (a pain yes), then alternatively, select the text and click the Perforation button (above the colorbar) which will cut dashes in the paper which should work with powdered chalk or similar in situ.   

• Like 1

Saturday morning and I have already learned something!

I would like to see some of your work.

And welcome aboard,

Cal

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.