Sign in to follow this  
mark-s

CNC machine

Anyone running a CNC machine.

Looking to maybe getting into it.

Thanks

mark-s

• Like 1

I don't have one yet Mark. But I'm looking to get one. I make wild game calls. I've got to get one for putting my logo on them.

Mark are you talking like the 3d routers or something else?   I have drooled over the routers for years but too old now to start something that big

this guy remains my hero and would love to go to one of his classes if I was younger and closer
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com/

Scott, thats some really neat stuff on that site.

I am looking into something like a 4 foot X 8 foot to do signs and what ever else.

I know I older than you but that doesn`t  hold me back. Just keeping my mind young (LOL)

Getting bored with die cut and ink solvent print.

mark-s

• Like 1

ohhh I get it  - have looked at smaller ones myself that would go maybe 4 ft wide but didn't do it.    If I wasn't planning on traveling more and looking at being a snow bird in a few years maybe - I think if I remember right you live where it is sunny year round or close to it.  this snow, cold, wet is getting real old up here.

The other positive with the router is there won't be dozens of them in your town or even near you !

I live in San diego county, about 1 hour out of San diego proper, small mountain town about 4000 ft elevation.

and yes it`s sunny most year around.

My shop is about 25 miles from me, people don`t want to come all the way up here, which is fine.

The shop is big enough for a 4 X 8 CNC, along with all my sign equipment and my hot rod.

Here`s the hot rod.

mark-s 

1929 RIGHT SIDE SM 3.jpg

• Like 5

sweet, think the cnc is a great way to go - as said before not everyone has one so the product will be more unique and not as diluted as the printed stuff

• Like 1

Mount in on a trailer and pull it around with the Model A to work onsite? THAT would definitely be unique. Just throwing things out there. 

I already have a lot of designs ready for CNC just waiting for the right machine.

I did a little something with the 29, vectored it and the made a logo for it.

mark-s

INDEPENDENT STREET ROD 1929 B.jpg

• Like 1

I have a Vision 1624 I picked up at auction-- -  (smaller 16" x 24")

I have only ran some X/Y and Z movement tests  Probably going to get the software for it later this year..(1K).  My experience thus far is that they make heavy duty machines- and they are based out of Phoenix for support.- but not sure if they make a 4 x 8 machine.