DeepCutsVinylNJ

LaserPoint II Not Closing Circles

Up until this past weekend, I had no issues.  I'm running a LaserPoint II on Mac, El Capitan, with SignCut.  I upgraded my OS about 3 weeks ago and something happened with SignCut, so I decided to download it again and re-install.  Now circles won't close.  I have tried changing the offset, no luck.  That doesn't even seem to make any bit of difference.  Thanks in advance for any kind of help you may be able to provide.

offset has nothing to do with closing circles it has to do with the way the blade goes around corners . . . overcut if you have it will close those gaps which is a common problem with a stepper motor cutter

3 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

offset has nothing to do with closing circles it has to do with the way the blade goes around corners . . . overcut if you have it will close those gaps which is a common problem with a stepper motor cutter

Thank you for the response.  Is it basically just trial and error to see what the best amount of overcut is?

I think so in my experience- do you see the option to change it, and what are the units mm or inches?

Ok - try 0.01 inch - just a tiny bit and go from there - 

Thanks, I will definitely try this tonite. I just can't understand why all of a sudden this started, when I have had this machine for almost 2 years, with no issues of this sort.

MY LASERPOINT II has NEVER cut letters correctly!!  I  have contacted US CUTTER at least 5 times and we have changed the offsets and the blades and NOTHING has helped.  I am absolutely so DISCOURAGED with it I am about ready to SCREAM.  I do NOT look forward to using it at all.  My friend had a LASERPOINT I, and she cuts things and it just peels off clean!  I would not know what to do if I cut something and didn't have to pick part of it out with my hobby knife or just pull it and rip it off.  Can someone please help me as I am about ready to throw it out in the GARBAGE!!!  After 2 years you would think I would've already got some help!!  I'm using the SCAL Pro that came with it when I got it!!

HELP ME PLEASE

TERRI

HTERRI48@YAHOO.COM

PICS OF LETTERS FROM TONITE.....WHICH I DREADED DOING ANYWAY!!  NEVER GOT IT RIGHT!!!

cutter1.jpg

cutter2.jpg

cutter3.jpg

cutter4.jpg

cutter5.jpg

You do not need to keep posting this message. I already answered your question.  Go READ IT!!   Then throw it out in the garbage and quit yelling at us.   OR Go read what I already answered  and asked you on one of your other posts. 

Looking at how the blade is staring the cuts I am betting you have way way too much blade exposure, which in turn will make your offset different.  Have that made sure your carriage is on the tracks?   How large are these letters?   Have you tried other cutting software?   What is your os win or Mac?   What speed? Force? How did you set your blade depth, give us something to go on other than you are frustrated after not seeking help on the forum for 2 years where many experienced users are around to help.

edited. See where in 2016 you did ask one question but never followed up to any of the questions or suggestions.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, terriholmes said:

MY LASERPOINT II has NEVER cut letters correctly!!  I  have contacted US CUTTER at least 5 times and we have changed the offsets and the blades and NOTHING has helped.  I am absolutely so DISCOURAGED with it I am about ready to SCREAM.  I do NOT look forward to using it at all.  My friend had a LASERPOINT I, and she cuts things and it just peels off clean!  I would not know what to do if I cut something and didn't have to pick part of it out with my hobby knife or just pull it and rip it off.  Can someone please help me as I am about ready to throw it out in the GARBAGE!!!  After 2 years you would think I would've already got some help!!  I'm using the SCAL Pro that came with it when I got it!!

HELP ME PLEASE

TERRI

HTERRI48@YAHOO.COM

PICS OF LETTERS FROM TONITE.....WHICH I DREADED DOING ANYWAY!!  NEVER GOT IT RIGHT!!!

Hello Terri!

This is a problem that has many possible causes, and it will be pretty difficult to troubleshoot and resolve this problem on the forum or via email. I have created a ticket for your issue in our system and sent you an email. I recommend that you call USCutter Technical Support for troubleshooting at 425 481 3555. We are open from Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 4 PM PST. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reply to the email I have sent you, and they will go directly back to me.

We look forward to hearing from you, so we can help you resolve this issue.