Dakotagrafx

spending money to make it

it is still a shock when you place orders for ink and vinyl and it is more than your house payment :/   

some things still catch me by surprise now and then.  today was an expensive day.   
figure it was more than a house payment , about 3 of my first cutter, or one person on a 10 day cruise for us cheap cruisers :/

• Like 1

Yep ----  I always keep in mind that when I've run out of a vinyl color, that means I sliced&diced through 50 yards of the stuff, and have profited on each square foot.

normally I will do ink one time - then rotate and get vinyl for printing and another time vinyl for cutting - all the stars aligned this week and I had to do all at once to keep by comfortable buffer amount on hand.  the big printer needed a round of ink at about $300 and a new office printer of course came with starter ink so that was another 140 -then add several rolls of vinyl (I almost always get the 50 yard rolls) for cut and  - for the  printing normally order several at a time.  so I save a lot on shipping on everything but the ink - since usc doesn't sell that anymore it has to come from another vendor.  at least now they have my 4075rla and 4076rla app tape :)

12 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

normally I will do ink one time - then rotate and get vinyl for printing and another time vinyl for cutting - all the stars aligned this week and I had to do all at once to keep by comfortable buffer amount on hand.  the big printer needed a round of ink at about $300 and a new office printer of course came with starter ink so that was another 140 -then add several rolls of vinyl (I almost always get the 50 yard rolls) for cut and  - for the  printing normally order several at a time.  so I save a lot on shipping on everything but the ink - since usc doesn't sell that anymore it has to come from another vendor.  at least now they have my 4075rla and 4076rla app tape :)

I'm wondering why you need both 4075 and 4076.   

4 minutes ago, Go-C Graphics said:

I'm wondering why you need both 4075 and 4076.   

I seem to switch back and forth with them for some reason - I can never seem to remember which one I prefer as they are very close to the same product

hmm - I read on the rtape site both are high tack with 4076 being slightly higher tack - somehow I just read both were high tack.   looking at the order I did get the higher tack one but by accident as the 4075rla was't offered in the width I wanted.   another vendor I used would let you buy a whole log (like 48" or so) and then specify how you wanted it slit into other widths - that was nice and a little cheaper but I am pretty sure they don't offer that anymore as they probably had a lot of narrow scrap rolls around
http://www.rtape.com/product-lines/conform-series-with-rla