Wildcatvinyldesigns

New from Kentucky

New to Vinyl and look forward to learning something that I might be able to make a little money from. Just ordered a Titan 2 and some supplies yesterday.  Have already had several people ask me for quotes on doing the vinyl for there company and can't wait to get started. One is a small trucking and landscape company that should keep me busy since I also work a full time job and have 4 kids.  Have 4 banners a guy is wanting for a automotive shop also as soon as I get up and running also. 

Welcome,   while it is great that you have customers already asking about your business,  take your time and learn your software and your machine,, or you will be very  over whelmed and look unprofessional to your customers...It takes experience.  practice, practice..  Take a lot of time and search the forum,, most any question has been answered tons of times over, and there is a search box in upper right and corner....Good luck with your venture. 

• Like 2

Unless you have previous experience I wouldn't take any orders for awhile if I was you.  

It might look easy but you'll learn there's alot of different parts of this that require you to learn different techniques.   Designing, Cutting, Applying transfer tape, Positioning on the vehicle, Proper squeegee technique so you don't get bubbles.   Mess up on any part of it and you'll have to start all over again.   

Try applying a 20"x20" graphics to a car hood and you'll quickly learn compound curves SUCK. Especially if you're not using the nicer more expensive vinyl.  Mess up on anything with the more expensive vinyl and it's money down the drain.  

When you start working on customer orders you want to produce quality work or you'll quickly get a reputation for shady work.  

Take your time, practice, and learn.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Go-C Graphics said:

Unless you have previous experience I wouldn't take any orders for awhile if I was you.  

It might look easy but you'll learn there's alot of different parts of this that require you to learn different techniques.   Designing, Cutting, Applying transfer tape, Positioning on the vehicle, Proper squeegee technique so you don't get bubbles.   Mess up on any part of it and you'll have to start all over again.   

Try applying a 20"x20" graphics to a car hood and you'll quickly learn compound curves SUCK. Especially if you're not using the nicer more expensive vinyl.  Mess up on anything with the more expensive vinyl and it's money down the drain.  

When you start working on customer orders you want to produce quality work or you'll quickly get a reputation for shady work.  

Take your time, practice, and learn.  

Couldnt of said it any better..

I agree it will be a lot to learn and don't plan on taking any orders any time soon. The people that have said they want me to do work for them are friends. And they know that it will take time for me to learn. I am a mechanic for my city government and we have to strip decals and install what seems like very thick 3m stuff that doesn't always do what I want it to do. Another problem is that they switch who we get the decals and wraps form all the time. So when a car gets wrecked it might just need a fender but because we switched vendors now we have to do the entire side of the car.