Sign in to follow this  
livinloudgraphics

perforated window materials

5 minutes ago, livinloudgraphics said:

Where would a place that carries the perforated window vinyl from? ive looked at us cutter and cant seem to find it

i found it i believe but im guessing some thing smaller that what is sold. Has anyone worked with it before?

I have printed with it - usually sold in large rolls - there are varying levels of window perf like any vinyl - the nicer 3m product has smaller holes and is said to be used on windows of items like buses - with any window perf it will obstruct the vision and gets much worse with a slanted window than with a straight up and down window like a truck.  then you chose either an "optically clear" laminate that personally makes me sea sick to look thru or use a liquid laminate and have totally obscured vision when it is wet (but clearer when not wet)  I had it on my last truck for years using the 3m product but towing a 5th wheel I am used to using my side mirrors most of the time anyways.   on a die note when I sold the truck I removed the perf and could still see the pattern after several thorough cleanings

On 3/28/2017 at 0:26 AM, Dakotagrafx said:

ive never used this so im new to perforated on vehicle windows. Have you ever cut a decal out of it? Im trying to cut a motorcycle out for a buddy, How does this hold up as to cutting into it instead of using and printing on it? I do believe this is my first time using this Its kindof of pricey as i might not use it anymore just for this one time. i dont see if i could charge him for the whole roll though

as long as no small detail would be fine I would think but it only comes in white as it is made to be printed on