CCM

MH721 & Mac Pro

I inherited an MH721 machine and I have a Mac. They say it's not compatible with the USB connector. What I want to know is is there an additional program or something that I can use to make these 2 machines work together 

there are a lot of people using a special adapter - a cheap windows machine - it takes a very very little processing power for the plotters to work so a lot of people have picked up dedicated cutter computers for $30-50 and design on their main computer - export to eps and then import on the dedicated cutter computer.   Heck I am all PC here and still have a dedicated computer for the cutter that is not connected to the network and I transfer files with a thumb drive -no need for anti virus on cutter computer and it is always ready to run :)

• Like 1

Uscutter does not sell computers.  Check computer stores,,, Ebay,,, your local newspapers.. Searchtempest.com,  your friends... online computer stores

• Like 1

Do you have any cutting or graphic software? You need some form of cutting utility to use the cutter with ANY computer. They say the MH is not mac friendly but I have been waiting for someone to try running through parallels or something and give it a go. Several posts over the years with people asking but I don't think I have heard of anyone being successful. On a good note you aren't out much. Try the Free trial of SignCut Pro 1. I am a mac user (not MH though) and love SignCut. It is about the only program you will find that is cross platform compatible. Meaning you can use it on either mac or pc without it needing to be a separate program. I design on my mac but actually cut from my windows 7 laptop for convenience. There are times when the windows has crashed (imagine that) and I have had to wheel the cutter over and use my mac to finish the work. Nice option to have. In order to effectively have this option you need a lifetime dongle which USCutter does sell for about $270. I paid nearly $400 when I bought mine so they have gotten a little cheaper and are a real bargain for what they do. No design capability just a cutting tool. 

• Like 1

You don't have SignCut because Pro 2 is still in beta, there is no Pro 3. You probably have Sure Cuts A Lot 3 known as SCALP3 here. No comparison. 

http://www.signcutpro.com/try-signcut/

SCALP is available in either mac OR pc and I assume you have the mac version.  Pretty sure the MH will not work in that configuration. I don't know enough about the intricacies to know why. 

• Like 1

MH721, Throw it int he trash and walk away slowly.  Then buy a Graphtec and you will be much happier  lol

• Like 1

Hi CCM I am also on a mac and am looking at buying a MH721.
I am wondering if you found a way to get this running with your mac? Would appreciate any help you can share. I haven't got any of the software yet. I am hoping to set up jobs to be cut from illustrator with a plug in? 

Unfortunately some of the comments posted his this thread were misleading... i.e when someone said you need to buy a 'special adapter' - a 'windows machine', they were in fact saying buy a PC to run the MH721 instead of using your mac. This is obviously not what you were hoping to do.

50 minutes ago, Silverag123 said:

Hi CCM I am also on a mac and am looking at buying a MH721.
I am wondering if you found a way to get this running with your mac? Would appreciate any help you can share. I haven't got any of the software yet. I am hoping to set up jobs to be cut from illustrator with a plug in? 

Unfortunately some of the comments posted his this thread were misleading... i.e when someone said you need to buy a 'special adapter' - a 'windows machine', they were in fact saying buy a PC to run the MH721 instead of using your mac. This is obviously not what you were hoping to do.

At least step up to a SC2 vinyl cutter.   The older MH series cutters were better than these that are being sold in todays market.  It is a bottom of the barrel cutter with known static, and memory problems.   The ads for UScutter on their website and EBay and Amazon,  clearly say they are not compatible with a Mac.   There is no work around for something that is not compatible. You will not have any support from UScutter trying to run this on a Mac.  They are warning you up front. Buy a cutter that is compatible with a Mac.  SC2 and higher.  The older  MH were compatible..  .

From ads   

USCutter 28" MH Series Vinyl Cutter w/VinylMaster Cut (Design & Cut) Software

PLEASE NOTE:
(1) THIS OFFER IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH APPLE/MAC COMPUTERS