Welcome my Canadian frend lol-----Glad to see you made it ..And welcome from California...  "Just to let everyone know i nabbed him from another forum site lol .he wasnt getting any help at all .so i mentioned us (Well you pros lol)" and maybe someone can jump in on the next post of his for help..

Go here Lesben ----> i believe you can post your issue you are having with your cutter at the following link, Make sure to say what cutter brand ,model and software you are using ,the more info the better answers you will get........

. I cant remember what brand your cutter was it was but im sure someone  will point the way and ill follow along as well.. http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/forum/38-off-topic-section/ 

Just to give an update (till he posts again in the proper forum area) this is whats going with him...Copied from another site-----

"Hi there I am new to this vinyl stuff (actually I have yet to cut anything out) ok maybe not so true..I have cut a few things out..but nothing cuts out right...
I have a master xy300 (yes I know now) anyway lets get past all of the should of's if I only could....

I draw in corel draw 6 (I would like to print/cut from here but I can't find any drivers to work with Windows 7) so I have been exporting my corel files to EPS and importing them into Winpcsign....

so I start the cut file and the word SHOTS might cut out but miss the inside O..okay so try something different..next time it leaves out the last S....the next time it leaves out the T.....so after trying many different things that I have mainly found online mainly....still can't get it to cut out a full design....

Anyone have any drivers that will help me out to use Corel draw and skip winpcsign altogether? or if you know what I am doing wrong...".

6 hours ago, Primal Decals said:

Just to give an update (till he posts again in the proper forum area) this is whats going with him...Copied from another site-----

"Hi there I am new to this vinyl stuff (actually I have yet to cut anything out) ok maybe not so true..I have cut a few things out..but nothing cuts out right...
I have a master xy300 (yes I know now) anyway lets get past all of the should of's if I only could....

I draw in corel draw 6 (I would like to print/cut from here but I can't find any drivers to work with Windows 7) so I have been exporting my corel files to EPS and importing them into Winpcsign....

so I start the cut file and the word SHOTS might cut out but miss the inside O..okay so try something different..next time it leaves out the last S....the next time it leaves out the T.....so after trying many different things that I have mainly found online mainly....still can't get it to cut out a full design....

Anyone have any drivers that will help me out to use Corel draw and skip winpcsign altogether? or if you know what I am doing wrong...".

@Primal  So why didn't you answer their question?  You have been on here long enough to know that Corel is not cutting software,  been written too many times to count, just like Illustrator is not cutting software.  and there are no drivers for it... My version of Signblazer has DesayMasterxy300 on it that I downloaded from here.   Try it for Free. or for a more current software, purchase Vinyl Master,  Desay Master is also on the set up wizard.   The NON-UScutter version. 

• Like 1

welcome aboard. Primal is def a GREAT friend to have in your corner,  I'm sure u have prob already figured this out by now since he is the 1 that invited u here.but by no means am I lowering any of  the guys and gals on here. I have learned a lot in the past 9 or 10 mnths from being on here from all of them. I was brand new to this world and all but comp. illiterate. all I used a comp. for was surfing and emails.  Primal has went way out of his way of helping and spending who knows how much time now  teaching me, I met him on here shortly after joining, but its like we have been friends for yrs.

• Like 1

well thank you everyone, glad to be here ( I'm a SHE by the way hahahaha)

I do have a masterxy300  a used model I purchased a month ago now...today was the first day i managed to get my full design to cut (with the beast), it has been leaving out letters and each time a different letter  (I had put the program on my laptop, the guy I got it off of gave me his beast of a computer with it and I wanted the comfort of my old faithful, but it won't work on my laptop so the beast it is) I have winpcsign that came with it but i will be honest since i am a corel user (I also have a CNC plasma)  that i find Winpcsign difficult and not so user friendly, especially when it comes to fonts....I had read and watched a few videos that was talking about corel draw and using it as a printer with your vinyl cutter that's why I was looking for a driver..I tried one already and it didn't work...I found or read about another one out there but can't find it...maybe i am way out to lunch thinking that it would work....anyway so I have been looking into buying a new machine...but that has been put on hold as of today..gotta give this one a chance to redeem itself lol....

But of course I have issues that I really can't find the correct answer but first i must confess that Google and I have this love/HATE relationship....90% of the time when I ask google stuff she gives me boobs....never what I ask for LOL...so I hate her/him/it....never figured out the lingo...

Anyway so here it is...settings are all messed up....I am doing smaller stuff for shot glasses....so I tried to slow down the speed ON the machine (doesn't seem to matter what speed I set it at...don't seem to slow down at all..and the knife offset...i have tried 10 15 and 20 lol no difference...so not sure what it should be at....

Next is it seems to jab the knife down hard when it starts to cut a letter leaving a bump and frankly it makes a mess of the letter, not smooth at all....oh I could go on there are a few other things...lol I downloaded a 175 page help thing for winpcsign but it doesn't address the things that are messing up with mine..i am getting a bit annoyed lol but any advice or a site that I can find some answers that would be very helpful...I am running another business so it may take a bit for me to get back

For blade offset.  start at 0.25MM   then go + or minus 0.05  if you have to,, to get it correct...  Set your blade depth like this. The cutter should have a TEST feature on it.  

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 1

maybe the metric is built in.. ok  start at 25  Soft wares are different,  

1.  integer
a whole number; a number that is not a fraction.

Offset is to make your corners nice and square. Overcut is a setting that will help the ends join. 

Start with the blade depth as Skeeter suggested. Too much blade can cause all kinds of issues. You may have already broken a tip from cutting too deep. (bad) 

Winipic sign is kind of sucky from what I have seen. If you have some designs you have built elsewhere try the free trial of SignCut Pro. SignCut pro 1 does not have much design ability just for cutting but you can design in Corel and it has a plug-in so you can send to the cutter from there. 

• Like 1

lol I put in 1.......don't really seem to matter what number is in there..i have used 5, 10, 15....and now 1....its a small design but the stabbing thing is weird...it even stabs the paper before it moves to the first piece its about to cut....

I did put the blade so that only a tiny bit it sticking out of the holder....i never have an issue with it not cutting through the vinyl and it never cuts through the backing.....

it seems to be a bit better with the changes you suggested except i put 1 in the knife offset....but i think i can put anything in there....lol

It could very well be the software,,the drivers,  I did mention Signblazer already..  And the value cutters like you have, are not that great on real small designs..or text. 

wildgoose.....yes winpcsign is not the best by far.....i do my drawings in corel.....then import them....so this overlap thing i don't see anywhere to adjust that? its really sloppy at the start point it seems to leave a tag behind after you weed.....a little nick in the vinyl

This is from the software  user manual .   Also  I notice that the software also controls the speed..  So turn the speed down on the software as well as the cutter. 

The blade offset function allows you to compensate for the slope of the edge of the blade. The advantage of choosing a good offset value is that letters have square corners and are easier to weed because the vinyl and adhesive will be totally cut. 10 units offset = 0.50 mm = 0.020 inch

FINALLY!!!!!

Well thank you very much for all the help after reading, posting, drawing and a lot of bitching I finally got a design to cut out properly!!! I really owe it to you guys here :) 

Its not much of a design but both worked out ..YAY

IMG_0551.JPG

IMG_0552.JPG

• Like 3