Sign in to follow this  
rastoma

Has anyone cut flock with their LPII?

I pressed cad cut flock to some standard sign vinyl.  I removed the carrier sheet from the flock.  I then attempt to cut a rhinestone template using a 60 deg blade.

I couldn't get the flock to cut all the way through UNTIL I literally stuck the blade out as far as it would go in the blade holder and run the pressure up to 320.

If I use the blade on the flock out of the machine it will cut through 2 layers of flock.  But with the blade in the machine, I started at 150 on the pressure and kept doing tests up to 280.  The cut did not change.  It was the same depth.  Then I went from 280 to 320 and it will cut the flock and just start cutting into the vinyl backing.  

Still trying to cut out rhinestone decals with flock and my 25" LPII.

I can hold the blade holder and cut the flock cleanly through to the backing.  The backing is regular sign vinyl that's I've pressed onto the back of the flock.

I put the blade holder in and try to cut a template.  The blade holder does not touch the flock.  I have to run the blade out of the holder until it's more than double the thickness of the flock.  It still won't cut the top layer of flock.  I put in a new blade.  No difference.  I run the pressure to 250 (starting at 200) and no difference.  I then set PRS to 275, then 300, and so on until I get to 400 PRS and now it cuts through the flock (which is not really hard material.  It's cad cut heat transfer flock.).

This makes no sense.  The recommended pressure is 170-210 micro grams.  I know each cutter is different and that's just guide.  But FOUR HUNDRED?  And the bottom of the blade carrier still doesn't touch the flock.  I can see the blade while it cuts it's sticking out so far.

I can cut sign vinyl and cad cut adhesive no problem.  At least I could.  Sign vinyl was the first thing I tried when I starting using the cutter and now I've been wanting to get the rhinestone decals going so I haven't switched back to vinyl yet.

Oh... I'm using a 60 deg blade, 54 offset.  Using SCALP.  Also I have to use the setting for cut twice.  I can have pressure up to 450 (on the cutter) and use cut once and it won't cut all the way through the flock.  So something is wrong.  I just can't figure out what.

No one may have time to answer, but you can go to the home page and upper right corner SEARCH box, enter FLOCK.   many answers to your question there. 

I have cut sticky flock and know of several people that do but I have never heard of sticking it to sign vinyl and cutting it 

ok after reading about 4 or 5 different threads on the same issue and trying to piece them all together I believe you are trying to use HTV FLock material on regular vinyl to try to make your own sticky flock - is that correct?   Why not just buy sticky flock?   is this a new machine?  are you using the blade holder that came with the plotter?

Lastly by piecing it all together the first thing I would look at is to see if all the wheels on the carriage are in fact fully engaged on the track.

you will get more and better help if you keep one thread on the same subject so we are not jumping from thread to thread to piece together info to trouble shoot