Sign in to follow this  
routesmith

confustion on the storefront!

is it just me or does everyone have to read between the lines trying to get something done on the site??

BGS Clear Hi-tack Application Tape 24" by 100M

$9.00

Buy

Hell yeah!, I know thats a good deal. but I cant figure out where to buy they 24" x 100M roll of tape for $9

NOT!

ok whatever I click on the picture and I select 6" (cuz thats what I want) and the price goes to $15, ok so at the top now it says:

BGS Clear Hi-tack Application Tape 24" by 100M

Size: 6'' - $6.64

What is $15?

umm yeah, ok... already having dealt with us cutter I know that I should just close my eyes and my browser and call Ken. but really a new store is in order for uscutter, Im sorry it stinks.  A new customer would be totally lost.

BTW is this tape any good, is it that good price?

sorry I really love uscutter but the store has to go..

Im sorry I hope no one at uscutter is offended, its just frustrating

Wayne

I just went and checked it out its not really that confusing  $9.00 is the starting price. so its $9.00 + shipping for the 3in wide roll of app. tape then its $6.64 more to up to the 6in roll making it $15.64 + shipping for the 6in roll, then its $17.00 more to go from the 3in roll to the 12in roll making it $26.00 + shipping for the 12in roll, and last its $53.00 more to go from the 3in roll to the 24in roll making it $62.00 + shipping for the 24in roll.  hope that makes a little bit easier to understand for you

Im ok with it but if you have someone, well anyone who hasnt seen this type of malformed storefront before they will just press X and close it.

really it can be misunderstood as false advertising.

Mustang, have you EVER seen a store like that before?

The user should not have to think about what the price could be, it should be right there in black and white.

I love these guys but this is screwy

Wayne

It is a bit confusing at this time, but it is a work in progress, and will be better soon.

B)

yes i've seen lots of online stores just like it before. I guess thats becasue i've shoped and browsed on lots of smaller companys websites that are way different the the bigger companies

Hey GroovyDecals, did you see the store now? It looks great! Very different and organized.

Joe

Agreed Joe, it is much nicer but you still cant get a straight price from it...Its always base price +$6.45.... or something.........why in the name of simplicity would you ever do that to someone from whom you want to extract money from... it should be as EASY and SIMPLE as humanly possible

to save money... OSCommerce very popular, VERY free, just requires some set up time and some ISPs even offer and embedded version for free with your yearly hosting fees...and they will back up the databases.

I run another storefront as well that I have been running for the last 3 years.. it is through auctionworks.com, their stores look great, again some setup time is involved and the price is $15 a month but it is simple and quick and captures a lot of data for the store owner and emails you whenever anyone buys anything from it as to what you need to ship. It also will setup and launch ebay, yahoo auctions and keep track of your inventory.

I just want to reiterate that this is nothing against USCutter, They are all GREAT people, I just want to see them sell more stuff so we have more people on our forum :thumbsup:

Wayne