DScustomprint

New print client wants me to print drawstring bags.

Hello Everyone,

I have this new clients who wants me to heat press some logos and text onto this draw string bags made of silk, and velvet. Can anyone recommend a compatible vinyl or is this even possible? Very interested to learn more about this. 

Thanks.

I don't think silk will take the heat. Velvet is too... well, velvety to adhere to so you are probably in a situation where embroidery is called for. I have never seen silk listed as an acceptable fabric for the HTV I use.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DScustomprint said:

nice, thank you JLS!

No problem.  Like I said, if I can't find what I want locally, I deal with these guys next.  They do good work, and have a decent customer service department.

I looked into that link, I need to print a bunch more text than that, probably about 200 words of product information on the back of this bag. and those are not the specific material. I'm almost positive the heat press will melt the silk.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DScustomprint said:

I looked into that link, I need to print a bunch more text than that, probably about 200 words of product information on the back of this bag. and those are not the specific material. I'm almost positive the heat press will melt the silk.

You would send them the design, and they print on the material there.  I have yet to do anything promotional from them, but I'm 99% sure that's how they work.