xbrandondrakex

need help vector this logo i made

i am using LXI to cut  and for some reason I can not get this image  to vector so I can cut it out on vinyl. I have done this for 7 years now and never had a problem can some one try and help me out I need it vector so can be sent to the plotter cutter I am using vinyl express r series ll, when I go to Bezier it the lines get all messed up

oh2.png

thanks I think its just the junk LXI because I never had problem with signcut pro just ran out of time so cant use it using LXI for temp till business picks back up  but thanks for doing that

39 minutes ago, xbrandondrakex said:

thanks I think its just the junk LXI because I never had problem with signcut pro just ran out of time so cant use it using LXI for temp till business picks back up  but thanks for doing that

first person I saw that called flexi junk - lxi is just different levels of flexisign,   from starter (ve lxi apprentice) to pro (ve-lxi master plus) minus the rip feature.  just depends on the level you purchased.   I love flexisign personally

1 minute ago, Dakotagrafx said:

first person I saw that called flexi junk - lxi is just different levels of flexisign,   from starter (ve lxi apprentice) to pro (ve-lxi master plus) minus the rip feature.  just depends on the level you purchased.   I love flexisign personally

I have VE LXi expert 12 idk if just not use to it but I have had problems with it since day one going on bout 3 months now. I never had one problem with signcut pro, like LXI never wants to cut out the letters perfect there is always a squiggly line some where it really takes away from my perfectionist. if I go to  vectorize then Bezier it should make an out line perfect but I can upload a pic show you what it does  

so why didn't you identify the fonts and recreate it with clean artwork to begin with = there isn't a vectorizing program out there I have found that does decent work compared to recreating - that one would be easy to do.  that along with it looks like it was vecotored from a small raster image so it followed each pixel

main words appear to be CollegiateBlackFLF (Regular)

bottom is very close to Helvetica Neue LT Std (75 Bold)

have you bought any tutorials or watched any youtube videos to learn the software?

2 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

so why didn't you identify the fonts and recreate it with clean artwork to begin with = there isn't a vectorizing program out there I have found that does decent work compared to recreating - that one would be easy to do.  that along with it looks like it was vecotored from a small raster image so it followed each pixel

I have always since I started draw everything with regular paint then copy it to LXI and verctorized it then cut never had a problem just when it came to this logo is only problem I have ever had

time to learn how to work with real vector graphics after 7 years so you can create quality work - vectors are made mathematically so the lines are always smooth no matter how they are sized.  not sure why you would create one with pixels and then convert when you are trying to make clean artwork unless it is just not taking the time to learn it after that long

• Like 1

now that I think about it you didn't need me to identify the fonts if you created this in the first place in paint - so I added some useless information 

my work is been very good with sign cut pro that's how I have always done it now I got a new program and it don't work like I am used to my opinion  LXI is junk I have done alot of $2000 dollar jobs because my works was always great and I been referred many times so that's not the problem... but this is getting way off topic everyone has different ways of doing things.

It's not getting off topic, re-draw or go to brands of the world and get the Ohio State O/Logo and add the text, not that difficult, everybody  here is dang good about helping one another 

• Like 2