Sign in to follow this  
irjaren

Schien

Hello

I am a beginner at cutting vinyl. Currently using a 25" SC cutter; 60 degree roland blade; mac book pro. Currently using Schein Chrome and I have noticed it on the oracal 651 stickers I have cut. My issue is the cuts dont seem to be clean. I can see little dots around the stickers almost like the machine is stuttering every 1/16 of an inch. 

Thank you for the help 

10 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

9 out of 10 new users that report that have way too much blade exposure

thank you for the reply!

I messed with the blade exposure and seem to be having the same effect. hopefully this picture shows exactly what I am trying to describe. Maybe this is just normal?

IMG_3511.JPG

that is not normal -

That can also be caused by a broken blade tip

here are some directions for setting blade depth from our friend skeeter

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 2

When I cut Avery chrome, I don't change my blade depth going from Oracal 651 to chrome.. I only change my force up a couple notches as it is a thicker polyester product..   Use the directions above Dakotagrafx listed to set your blade depth. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, irjaren said:

I messed with the blade exposure and seem to be having the same effect. hopefully this picture shows exactly what I am trying to describe. Maybe this is just normal?

IMG_3511.JPG

Also might want to try decreasing pressure

I'm thinking broken blade tip.

I have had that happen with reflective vinyl, which wreaks havoc with carbide blades. That chrome stuff is similar, I imagine.

Alternatively, the blade is not spinning freely inside the holder bearing. Take it all apart, add a drop of sewing machine oil.

Also, perhaps the carriage is not sitting properly on the guide rails --  check that to verify.