matd81

Graphtec FC7000-100 blade getting clogged

We recently changed a blade on our Graphtec FC7000-100 with the same type that was in it before just a new one. We make a lot of street signs and use a lot of truculent vinyl. When we sen that job it starts out fine but as it goes it seems to have the effect of losing downforce and is just scoring the vinyl at the end of the cut and the last few letters are not weedable. Looking at the cutter knife after there is remnants of the vinyl on the knife like a very small strand wrapped around the blade. When I switch to regular vinyl  there are no issues loosing pressure so that leased me to be leave it is and issued with the material getting stuck on the blade.

Mat

2 things come to mind - are you using cheap chinese blades or a premium blade like cleancut?  the small strands almost sound like it is double cutting (not clean artwork) - otherwise how would the small strands be produced?

1 hour ago, matd81 said:

We make a lot of street signs and use a lot of truculent vinyl.  

Mat

truculent vinyl? do you mean translucent??

14 hours ago, mb20music said:

truculent vinyl? do you mean translucent??

Yes, thank you, sorry for not 

14 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

2 things come to mind - are you using cheap chinese blades or a premium blade like cleancut?  the small strands almost sound like it is double cutting (not clean artwork) - otherwise how would the small strands be produced?

Yes, they are Graphtec blades. I actually work in a different department and I own a CE5000 that I do my own stuff with at home. The guy that makes the signs at work asked me for help when he stared having issues. he tells me that he is doing the same thing he has done the whole time. I have never had any similar issues the double cut theory makes sense but I watched it cut and it only went around each letter once. maybe its like carving/pealing a strand instead of cutting, I'm not sure.

broken blade tip on the new blade? maybe he started with too much blade and broke a tip??