DiabeticCop

What kind of vinyl for plastic trash cans?

My company I work for has big trash cans out in the plant and they're made of plastic. I tried using my oracal 651 because I already had it in stock and of course it didn't stick on, and when it did, It just peeled right off easily. What type of vinyl could I use for this project? All I'm making is big letters. Thank you!

What i suggest is goto walmart and they sell paint made for plastic. Spray where you need to . let it outgas as needed for time to cure ,and then apply vinyl..Ive done it a few times and  solved the problem.

the cans you are referring to are made of a low energy plastic - for printing we have to use convex or similar super high tack material - haven't heard of any made for regular cut vinyl.    that same plastic is used on some ATV's and motocross cycles - 

the paint that primal is referring to is Krylon Fusion - it is made to bite into the plastic - never tried that method but years ago old timers use to use it for a fade pattern on sign vinyl.   personally I just use it to paint my mailbox because rubbermaid quit making the extra large White plastic one and it only comes in black now.  I have to have a big mailbox and just can't do black mailbox

• Like 1