rastoma

Which is better SCALP or VinylMaster Cut?

PrimalDecals, thanks. I know what you mean ---

SignBlazer makes me happy because it has a "cartoon" appearance and a simple interface.

I do have VinylMaster installed as well, because it has a really terrific vector engine.

• Like 1

Slice&Dice . lol. i use vector magic for vectorizing  and then use Ai to to touch up.

I try not to respond to much when it comes to Vm but i have my opinion and have tested them all lol.. And just feel some people may just like scalps4pro better, i  have taught a few people to use scalps that just couldnt get Vm to work for them or couldnt find want they wanted to do etc. And they went with scalps , so that tells me something .or it tells me that myself and them are idiots haha.

• Like 1

No I don't think any of that makes anyone an idiot. I too believe that people brains are wired differently from one another. The bottom line is like Slice said, what makes you happy. Usually that is something that is familiar and user friendly. I am AI all the way but I also understand that it is probably the single most confusing program for newbies that ever existed. Now, give me Corel or Inscape and I can fumble around and eventually get the job done (if it's basic) but they don't make me happy. I have a copy of Inkscape on several computers and also have corel X6 and access to VM but I have so much time into AI and can whip out projects so fast that I have yet to feel the desire to expend the effort to train myself on the others. I keep thinking I will fall and bust a leg or get real sick and find myself sitting bored and break out some of the programs and do some self teaching but fortunately that hasn't happened yet. (AND YES SLICE I ONCE DOWNLOADED AND TRIED OUT SIGNBLAZER TOO just for the record). 

• Like 1

Awesome everyone.  Hearing the pros and cons from multiple people has made me feel better about starting with VinylMaster.

I'm sorry I was being accusatory toward USCutter in their auction.  It was my fault for not reading every word in the auction.  At quick glance, which is most of us do, I thought I got both.  I won't make that mistake again.  And I appreciate them.  They have been really good about answering quickly.  I just felt the choice was kind of made for me without me fully understanding either program.  I've never used a vinyl cutter before.  And so I got a little stressed and in turn made be a little rude sounding when I didn't mean to be.  Thank you especially Mz Skeeter for your patience with me.

But all of you have really calmed my fears.  Now I can actually install it and start having some fun :)

• Like 1

If you're comparing VM Cut to SCALP4, there's no comparison. VM Cut is about as basic design software there is.  Now you can pay more $$$ to upgrade to higher levels (which is a gripe about SCAL I've heard on here, but to go from SCAL to SCALP is only a one time $49 option, so lost do it on the front end anyway) to get the same features in SCALP4.