amaterasu

Editing artboards in illustrator for cutting

23 minutes ago, amaterasu said:

So that it barely touches the back paper. 

I hope so but I dont think it has anything to do with the settings, it does the same when initiating a test cut from the cutter itself. Maybe the blade is of poor quality?

This is how to set the blade correctly.  Also make sure that you haven't broken the tip already. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

3 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

This is how to set the blade correctly.  Also make sure that you haven't broken the tip already. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

I did excactly what you said and the results are still horrible and weeding is a nightmare

18 minutes ago, amaterasu said:

I did excactly what you said and the results are still horrible and weeding is a nightmare

That is the correct way to set a blade,  So  what do the cuts look like?  show a photo, where it is not all weeded.....  And make sure that the carriage head wheels are firmly down in the track. 

Post a pic of the cutting results. I see that letter with a nick out of the top you posted earlier. Post something that hasn't been weeded, preferably in silver or something that will show the cut decent in a pic. It's entirely possible that you have a bad board in your cutter or something like that too so it COULD be the cutter. We just see hundreds upon hundreds of new users say the same things and 99 out of 100  turn out to be user set up error so we tend to try and help guide you through that fine tuning process. Each brand of cutter is slightly different so it's hard to tell you exactly what to do. Pictures definitely help and possibly a file that you are fighting so we can be sure there isn't something wrong on that side. (Just don't post a cut file of anything potentially copyright protected please, that;s a no-no)

26 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

That is the correct way to set a blade,  So  what do the cuts look like?  show a photo, where it is not all weeded.....  And make sure that the carriage head wheels are firmly down in the track. 

6 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

Post a pic of the cutting results. I see that letter with a nick out of the top you posted earlier. Post something that hasn't been weeded, preferably in silver or something that will show the cut decent in a pic. It's entirely possible that you have a bad board in your cutter or something like that too so it COULD be the cutter. We just see hundreds upon hundreds of new users say the same things and 99 out of 100  turn out to be user set up error so we tend to try and help guide you through that fine tuning process. Each brand of cutter is slightly different so it's hard to tell you exactly what to do. Pictures definitely help and possibly a file that you are fighting so we can be sure there isn't something wrong on that side. (Just don't post a cut file of anything potentially copyright protected please, that;s a no-no)

Thank you for helping me, I appreciate it a lot. I wouldn't stand a chance if it weren't for you guys. 

It is too dark, I will take some pictures tomorrow but here is the AI file. I get the same results when trying a test cut or when I try to cut the default sign cut pro image

haircules.ai

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Can you borrow a windows computer and try it? 

Not with a serial port, but the cutter itself has a test button, the results are the same when I use it without even connecting it to my computer. Doesn't that mean something is wrong with the cutter itself? 

Did you open up the blade holder and make sure there is not vinyl scraps in it?  A  drop or 2 of light oil, to make sure the blade spins good. 

You don't need a serial port,  you have the Tripp Lite Keyspan Adapter.. USB end goes in the the USB of a windows PC.   Show the test cut...How are we to know what it needs...

6 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Did you open up the blade holder and make sure there is not vinyl scraps in it?  A  drop or 2 of light oil, to make sure the blade spins good. 

I have attached a picture of my blade holder. I haven't tried lubricating it but vinyl scraps here

5 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

You don't need a serial port,  you have the Tripp Lite Keyspan Adapter.. USB end goes in the the USB of a windows PC.   Show the test cut...How are we to know what it needs...

I know, that is how I already connect it to my mac I dont think It has anything to do with the OS but Ill give windows a try too. Heres the best pictures I managed to take now. 

IMG_0554.thumb.JPG.d19d2db6060a4f33b2e6fe53a1883ff0.JPG

IMG_0558.JPG

IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG

That blade is out too far.. You should just barely see or feel the blade tip. You only cut with the very tip of that blade.   Does it even have a point on it anymore? 

8 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

That blade is out too far.. You should just barely see or feel the blade tip. You only cut with the very tip of that blade.   Does it even have a point on it anymore? 

Like this? 

IMG_0561.PNG

You should just barely see the blade..   I gave instructions before..".Firmly" cut across a scrap of vinyl. by hand,  what does it do to the vinyl and backing? 

Also run your cutter speed slow until you learn your cutter. 

10 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

You should just barely see the blade..   I gave instructions before..".Firmly" cut across a scrap of vinyl. by hand,  what does it do to the vinyl and backing? 

Also run your cutter speed slow until you learn your cutter. 

I can barely see it, It looks different on the picture because of the angle, it does nothing to the backing, barely cuts the vinyl. I have set it to the slowest speed.

5 minutes ago, Primal Decals said:

here is mine,but its on a titan 2. and i set mine up the same way described as above like Mz Skeeter said.

- 17692442_10209514381038605_2101352466_o.thumb.jpg.20efda2215aad1d8d5cda4edb0d47ab0.jpg

Mine looks like this too.

Ok put the blade holder back in the carriage head and use the force to cut the vinyl. and barely a mark on backing. 

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I can barely see anything.. I can't tell. 

I will take some more pictures tomorrow when the sun is up.

2 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Alright,  And what did you set your blade offset at? 

I have tried from 0 to 5mm going up .05 each time. Now it is set to .025. It is a 45 degree blade

From what i can see , it looks like the one corner is bugging up.It could be an off set still. It appears to look cleaner cutting this time except the corners.

3 minutes ago, Primal Decals said:

From what i can see , it looks like the one corner is bugging up.It could be an off set still. It appears to look cleaner cutting this time except the corners.

its a mixture of rounded, jagged and pulled corners. Its supposed to be a perfect square. I lubricated the blade with oil like MZ SKEETER suggested.

ok..

what was the original setting for the offset when you first started ever cutting,I might have missed that earlier..

Just now, Primal Decals said:

ok..

what was the original setting for the offset when you first started ever cutting,I might have missed that earlier..

on Sign Cut Pro it was 0.1 but the cutter itself has no offset option