EM9103

wasting vinyl, how to cut in the middle to right of vinyl

I am new at this cutting process. I have watched a ton of videos but still cant figure out how to cut in the middle of the vinyl. I have moved the cutter to the middle of the vinyl but when I start cutting it goes back to the beginning. How can I use my access vinyl??

once you move the cutter to the position you want reset the origin on the cutter keypad

• Like 1

The use of the word "reset" can confuse, because you are really positioning a new origin of your choosing, and SELECTING it. (however your cutter allows selecting the Origin point, is what you seek to find out).

Reset will indeed return the carriage to the beginning...

1 hour ago, slice&dice said:

The use of the word "reset" can confuse, because you are really positioning a new origin of your choosing, and SELECTING it.

Well actually I think the word "SET" would be more appropriate. As in, SET THE ORIGIN . So there lol

Tell us what cutter you have, and you should get a specific answer.

Cal

Setting origin to a specific place is handy.  But it would seem to me there are ways to save vinyl even without it.  If you have a piece of vinyl for some reason is stripped to backing paper to one side, and want to cut where the vinyl is located, other than changing origin, seems you could just trim it with scissors and use the default origin.  It is still good to know how to set the origin.

If I have something expensive on the cutter, (say reflective,) some type of nesting option is great.  Nesting is available in some cutting software.  It groups all objects into the tightest space to minimize vinyl use.

• Like 1