Sign in to follow this  
msimpson85

MH721 MK2 offline/pause F-/F+

Hello,

When I press the offline/pause button and try to move the carriage left/right with the F-/F+ buttons, it just stays still.  After a few moments, it will move left or right.  How can it be set to move left or right without idling when the F-/F+ buttons are pressed?  Thanks.

Mark

IMG_1302.MOV

Hi Mark,   When did you buy this unit? Is it new?

That 'grinding' sound is symptomatic of a motherboard issue -- we've seen it before.

Although I bought it about a year ago, I have only set it up, and haven't messed around with learning how to use it until now.  It is pretty much a brand new unit... What is the next step for a motherboard issue?  Thanks!

Before you get too far ahead of yourself, I highly suggest you verify the wheels of the carriage are correctly sitting on the track/rail.

Since you have no warranty coverage anymore, you'll have to take a phillips screwdriver into hand and start disassembling your machine, to access all the workings. That gives you an idea of how to replace parts like a MB, z-chip, power supply, etc.

http://www.uscutter.com/MH-Series-Refine-Motherboard-MK2

The wheels were one of the first things I checked when I saw other posts about it not being on the track/rail.  Unfortunately, that is not the issue.  Looking at the comments in regards to the motherboards, seems like it is a common issue for this part to go bad.  Thanks for the guidance!  Looks like I'll have to shell out another $80 for a motherboard. 

80 +10 shipping -- if you are already ordering, combine other items in the package, such as app tape, vinyl, squeegees, etc.