Benr98

OMG Gas prices are outrageous!!!

When I started driving gas was 1 cents a gallon. (cackle) B)

But we are really getting taken to the cleaners and can't do anything about it.

Pardon me it was 15 cents a gallon. Darn if I know where that five went.

Must have had my cap on backwards. DUH!!

maybe not backwards,just too tight. Happens to me all the time.

$3.59 - $3.61 in North Carolina (Raleigh area)

I filled up this morning at $3.39 in Katy, Texas(about 20 miles west of Houston), but I still spent $95.00 to fill up!

It's gotten to the point here if I know a customer is going to want to meet or have some vinyl dropped off... I'll add a few $$$ to the job to balance out the expense.

When I started drive, I remember gas was about $0.79 per gallon... and they still had gas wars!  B)

I filled up this morning at $3.39 in Katy, Texas(about 20 miles west of Houston), but I still spent $95.00 to fill up!

It's gotten to the point here if I know a customer is going to want to meet or have some vinyl dropped off... I'll add a few $$$ to the job to balance out the expense.

When I started drive, I remember gas was about $0.79 per gallon... and they still had gas wars!  B)

Good God! What are you driving??? An RV?? yikes! Hmm ... I think I should be happy that it only cost my about $60-$65 to fill up on 87.

Cheap gas here is Costco ... 3.64 for 87. The average retail I would say is up to 3.80 for 87 now. The outer islands have passed the $4 mark a while ago. Then things got a bit scary when one of the two refineries here had a fire. Only one refinery to support out entire state. People here drove anything and everything they had that about hold gas to filler'up in case we ran into a gas shortage ... of course many of those same people didn't realize that it would be them who caused a gas shortage to begin with.  ;D

2004 Ford F150 supercrew, I average 16mpg. I have a 28 gallon fuel tank and usually fill up atleast once a week!  B)

It is crazy how guys @ Chrysler are dropping V8 engines to almost everything they build. V8 engines were almost getting estinguished a few years back and just like that they were back and precisely when gas prices are going up.

LOL, tell me about it....I just purchased a new Dodge truck a few months back to pull our camper with...The mirror says it's getting 16.4 mpg but I think it's more like 11 mpg...My buddy says I like the truck, is that hemi fast? I say, yea it will pass anything on the road but a gas station! LMAO

My dad had a Chevell SS with a funny car 454, my friends would ask him "Is that a race car?"

He always said: Yeah! it races from gas station to gas station.

Needless to say it hasnt seen the road in years.

Eric

Ohhhh Chevelles, I just loved those. I had a 71 Chevelle and it was the best car I ever had... until I broke it.

Joe

LOL 'passes anything but a gas station'  B)

For my husbands work he drives just over 40,000/year and don't get reimbursed.  Ok they put a little in his salary but it's taxed.  We spend about $200/wk in gas just for his work, not our personal vehicles.  I'm saying it's time to find a new job, but that's not to easy here.

We had a 68 Cutlass, but WOW it sucked gas.

Kinda wish I wouldn't of sold my cruiser... it got close to 50mpg. When I was roadracing motorcycles, we had a pit bike/moped that got close to 100mgp! I swear... I had this thing for about 2 years, and only filled it up once!  B)

We are going to try putting our Buick Reatta on the road and keep our fingers crossed we can get a few more miles to the gallon!  B)

I filled up this morning before work, and paid $3.99/gal for diesel, and that was at the cheap station. Across town, it was $4.09 this morning, and when I got off from work, it was $4.25.

Right now, it cost me about $75-100 a week to go to work. Been trying to talk my wife into letting me get another bike to ride, but she wont give in just yet.

It is KILLING this economy...I put over $200.00 in our work van last week, heck that don't include our personal stuff....

Anybody ever use the E85 Ethanol? They just started selling it in the Northwest. I tried it in my wifes car. It was about $1 cheaper/gallon but I got about 1/3 the milage out of it. About a wash money wise. Just doesn't make it any cheaper but it does keep my money in America. I ride in a vanpool to work. 30 miles round trip is $25/month. I have had my new truck for 5 years and only put 8500 miles on it.

Crazy!

I have used the E85 mixed stuff, not the full blown Ethanol. But I didn't see a differance in Gas Mileage.

Eric

when i started driving gas was .19 a gallon,,,gas wars .14 a gallon

Guest fivestar

My work is 3/10ths of a mile to work.

Gas here in Big Bear CA $4.05 per gallon

Over 20 bucks to fill up my bike

I am thinking about planting a garden in the back of my truck it get 7 miles to the gallon

Dawg

Ohhhh Chevelles, I just loved those. I had a 71 Chevelle and it was the best car I ever had... until I broke it.

Joe

seriously? Me too! It was green with a vinyl top,2 door.350 engine. I loved that car! I would still have it if the rear brakes hadn't seized up and caught fire.(my fault,entirely,btw.)

Mine was green and white too! But mine didnt have vinyl on top. it was hardtop with nothing on it just green paint and white paint. Mine had a inline six, 250. Did I love it? I even named her Daphne. The best thing is that it was a 2 door but you could open 4 windows and ther was no pillar between them. I could fit 7 to 8 ppl in it.

Good times.

Joe

I will see if I find a pic of her... umm I mean it.

Then I got a 1975 Camaro, 350 V8 and thats where I got my name. That was cool too, but I didnt love it as much as the Chevelle. The Chevelle was my first love.

Mine was green and white too! But mine didnt have vinyl on top. it was hardtop with nothing on it just green paint and white paint. Mine had a inline six, 250. Did I love it? I even named her Daphne. The best thing is that it was a 2 door but you could open 4 windows and ther was no pillar between them. I could fit 7 to 8 ppl in it.

Good times.

Joe

lucky you...I didn't even KNOW 7 people I would have wanted in my car :thumbsup: