Slvrfx

Red Oracle Vinyl not Releasing

I have 14 different colors and they all see to release fine from the backing paper but the red keeps sticking. It's the vinyl... I've used clear transfer tape and classic transfer tape and it just doesn't wanna stick to the transfer tape without flexing it a little. Anyone else have this problem? I have an order of 1500 decals and they had to order them all in red lol 

1488861537081-1398897495.jpg

I have once.,,make sure you dont have anything like sweat or anything on your fingers before applying the trans tape and or touching the vinyl.. Sometimes i will wipe down my design if i even think a slight chance i had anything on my fingers or hands,Like if you wipe your forehead or even touch anything ...Even the slightest dust will do this..I wash my hands before i even touch the vinyl...Havent had a problem since.

From the picture it looks like your cutting deep enough into the vinyl.maybe go 1 more gram or next setting deeper of force,that might fix your problem . ,so i dont think thats it. Unless there is a problem with the trans tape..other wise try re squeegeeing the trans tape after its down  and see if it still does it...

Sometimes it helps if you flip the decal over and instead of pulling on the transfer tape, pull on the backing paper.

Also, which Oracal is it? 651? 751? I find that 751 releases from the backing paper much easier than 651.

• Like 3

Thanks guys. Yeah I'm using the Oracle 651 and also the R-Tape 4076 RLA. Used to use Clear but with the heat in AZ, it wrinkles easy so I went to the classic. I just put a new blade In also so I'll see if that helps. 

6 hours ago, mb20music said:

Sometimes it helps if you flip the decal over and instead of pulling on the transfer tape, pull on the backing paper.

Also, which Oracal is it? 651? 751? I find that 751 releases from the backing paper much easier than 651.

This is the method I use, and how I instruct my customers to separate the vinyl from the carrier paper.

I noticed however it's more difficult on the smaller text sometimes, especially with my 651 Matte Black.

I currently only use RTape, clear and paper depending on what the customer is applying the decals to.

Try a little less force. Maybe the Red is running on the thin side and you are cutting a hair to deep.

I'm gonna run some tests tomorrow with my pressure setting. Maybe I have it set too high. I'll cut the same design in a few different settingstyles and see how each one weeds and releases. I heard enduramask is pretty good for Oracle 651 so I might pick some of that too. I also need to try the Oracle flip tip, but I sell alot online so I need to come up with an instruction page that explains to others how to do this. 

When doing tons of copies I have found that the time I save weeding cast vinyl like 751 makes up for the price difference and also applies easier. Might be worth a price check and see if it would help your situation.