JLS Design

Clean The Lines

So, I used GIMP to create this image.  

It's a 300dpi pixel, however because I used a bit smaller file for the shield I got these pixel lines.  I really want to clean it up so they're smooth.  Gimp was no help cleaning it (program I used to create it) so I'm going to search in InkScape for some answers.  This is the first time it's been this bad to where it looks like zig-zags almost.  Anyone have any other thoughts on how to clean this up?  

Thanks in advance for your help.

FreestoneDieselLogo6.jpg

That design is so simple why not just create it in Inkscape from Scratch?

• Like 1

Just now, Wildgoose said:

That design is so simple why not just create it in Inkscape from Scratch?

VERY GOOD QUESTION!

Because I'm still learning that program.  Taught myself how to use GIMP, as that was the first program I found to use, that wasn't Photoshop.

I only get a couple of hours a night to do art, so when I have job lined up, it's a bit tough to learn a new program.  But I have been watching the videos on YouTube learning when I can.  Normally I do not have this problem.  

I don't use Inkscape but I know it's totally capable of that same thing. 

8 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

Here add your text and your done. 

Freestone.svg

8 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

I don't use Inkscape but I know it's totally capable of that same thing. 

Thanks Wildgoose.  I wasn't really asking for anyone to do it, but how to do it.  But I'm no fool, and I'll take the help where I can get it.  I'm actually watching a tutorial now on how to create polygon shapes in InkScape.  I do appreciate the help though.  Thank you again.

I know. I can't help you much and had a few minutes so thought I wold do it for you quick. You have to change your output to be higher resolution to save the original with no pixelation. Something like 600dpi should help. You will never get good clean text with an auto trace though. Not sure why but I have never seen any that I was happy with. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

I know. I can't help you much and had a few minutes so thought I wold do it for you quick. You have to change your output to be higher resolution to save the original with no pixelation. Something like 600dpi should help. You will never get good clean text with an auto trace though. Not sure why but I have never seen any that I was happy with. 

Well thank you again.  I'll keep that in mind for the future.

If you know what IRC is, you can point your IRC client to irc://irc.freenode.org/#inkscape.  It is the official community based chat support for Inkscape.  Its a good place to hang when your learning or fiddling in Inkscape.  They are tolerant, even friendly to people just learning.  Just sometimes it takes someone several minutes to respond.  So if you go in and ask some questions, give it half an hour before you log out.  Just lead with with a question, don't ask to ask.  You might be surprised as to the amount of assistance they offer at times.

If you don't know what IRC is don't have a client, there is a web portal you can chat in via your web browser.  http://irc.lc/freenode/inkscape/inkuser@@@.

6 hours ago, dcbevins said:

If you know what IRC is, you can point your IRC client to irc://irc.freenode.org/#inkscape.  It is the official community based chat support for Inkscape.  Its a good place to hang when your learning or fiddling in Inkscape.  They are tolerant, even friendly to people just learning.  Just sometimes it takes someone several minutes to respond.  So if you go in and ask some questions, give it half an hour before you log out.  Just lead with with a question, don't ask to ask.  You might be surprised as to the amount of assistance they offer at times.

If you don't know what IRC is don't have a client, there is a web portal you can chat in via your web browser.  http://irc.lc/freenode/inkscape/inkuser@@@.

Thank you sir, I'll look into that.