splash0321

Translucent on vehicles?

Real quick question. For the past few months I've had numerous customers each month ask if I could do some vehicle graphics in matte gray. I cant source the vinyl anywhere reasonably priced!! Looking at oracal's translucent vinyl, they have several shades of gray in a satin/matte(ish) finish. Would this be something I could install on a vehicle without having to worry about the vehicle color altering the color of the vinyl? Any insight is appreciated.

Translucent vinyl is semi-see through so the color of the car will affect the color of the vinyl.

I'd poll the customers asking for it and let them know that type of vinyl is a higher cost and if they'd be willing to pay. If enough say they would then bite the bullet and place the order.

here is one made for vehicle graphics http://www.uscutter.com/Avery-Dennison-SW900-Easy-Apply-RS-Super-Wrap-Film-60-By-The-Foot

you can go cheap with possible repercussions down the road to your reputation or you and stand your ground and only do it with the appropriate material.  the choice is yours and if you are in this for the long haul.  personally I wouldn't use a promotional vinyl made to last 3 years and would go with the better material

1 hour ago, andygeekboy said:

or this

matte gray vinyl

• 3 year outdoor durability
• Grey opaque removable adhesive
Designed for short-term promotional signage, retail and entertainment graphics

• Like 1

I have a bunch of trans. vinyl here if you would like to see how it worx. I can send u a some to sample. like others said the color it is on will change it. it changes color mounted on the white lexan, and when it is backlit I didn't see any trans. vinyl being sold by the ft. so I had to buy rolls to my sign. plus I figured I was jumping n to this with both feet, hopefully I would use it on customers signs.

10 minutes ago, cardudenc said:

I have a bunch of trans. vinyl here if you would like to see how it worx. I can send u a some to sample. like others said the color it is on will change it. it changes color mounted on the white lexan, and when it is backlit I didn't see any trans. vinyl being sold by the ft. so I had to buy rolls to my sign. plus I figured I was jumping n to this with both feet, I would use it on customers signs

what brand do you have? Im looking for maybe the 8500 oracal at 15" wide of black , (maybe White in 24" ), Turquoise Blue 066 and Dark red 030.

I tagged you in my post..

That's all stuff that will work but my graphics are oracal 751 or comparable and I'm looking for the comparable price as well. I guess there just isn't any reasonably priced. 

10 hours ago, hotrodz0321 said:

That's all stuff that will work but my graphics are oracal 751 or comparable and I'm looking for the comparable price as well. I guess there just isn't any reasonably priced. 

are you selling a durable product or a cheap product - choices have to be made.

I want durability for sure. I'm not interested in cheap (quality)...I think there are more affordable options available to us that achieve a high quality. My base products are oracal 751 but I upcharge if they want something more. I just don't want to order a roll of vinyl for 400$ if I can buy something of equal quality for less. Matte gray is just one of those colors I'll have to  figure out if it's worth stocking and offering. 

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the input.