arty-rc

SBE conversion

Hi all,

This might have been asked before but is there any easy way to convert SBE files into eps files? I have been exporting them into a separate folder one by one as eps files but it's slow going. Any ideas? Thanks.

45 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

Nope, what you're doing is the only way to do it.

Thanks DSD. That's what I was thinking. Should be done by the end of the year LOL.

Just out of curiosity, why would you require all your old files to be converted?

I have tons of SBD files, and over the years, I recall only going back into them a few times (for customers who want a re-order). Once a job is done, I file it away into a folder called "DONE and GONE"

1 hour ago, slice&dice said:

Just out of curiosity, why would you require all your old files to be converted?

Well, probably because he is upgrading to  newer software that doesn't open .sbd files!  lol

3 minutes ago, mb20music said:

Well, probably because he is upgrading to  newer software that doesn't open .sbd files!  lol

OK, I get that, but why ALL of them?

Windows 10 has been doing some strange things lately. When I plugged in my "programs" flash drive the Defender program detected my SBE installs as malware and removed them from the flash drive. Luckily I had them saved to other drives and burned some Cd's. Just don't want to take a chance that Defender tries to remove the files also. may be overkill but you never know.

"sees SBE installs as malware "   ----  yep, that'll happen, because the "reminder screens" which are supposed to load at startup have been disabled with internal code cracking and that appears as a problem to antivirus detection.

Anyway, yes, what you are describing is truly overkill. The SBD files are never removed by uninstallations or re-installation.

OK, but is there a chance that the Defender might see the installed SBE program itself as malware and remove it. If that should happen, how would we convert the SBD files for use in other cutting programs?

3 hours ago, arty-rc said:

OK, but is there a chance that the Defender might see the installed SBE program itself as malware and remove it?

No.