Sign in to follow this  
adventur Studios

Catch Basket - What fabric to use?

So I built a quick and cheap DIY catch basket for my new Graphtec CE6000-120 rather than buying the $600 one they offer...

I was using the catch basket from my LPII but sold that and the basket went with it.

What are some available options for an anti-static material for the fabric part of the catch basket? I found this "ESD Woven Fabric" but can't find a supplier in the US.

KK Fabrics - ESD Woven Fabrics

I used a 60% poly and 40% cotton "shower curtain". It's not a plastic type but rather than a finely woven material. It works great. Can get it in multiple colors and from pretty much anywhere they sell shower curtain stuff - Walmart would most likely even have it. I wanted the blend to be 60%-40% to be the best way to cut the static. Seems to work and it was inexpensive.

Oh and if the shipping to Canada from USCutters wasn't so brutal, I'd probably would have bought a kit from them. It would be cheaper to drive over the border, get frisked and man-handled by border agents, stay the night in a hotel and drive back (including food and gas) by the time all was said and done. However it was easier just to build it myself DIY style and save the hassles/harassment at the border.

I think you are on the right track with the esd fabric in the first post - I got something from my friend with the upholstery shop that is not supposed to add to the static problems. - then I took it off after a couple of weeks as it got in my way