stevewithem

two layer vinyl

I'm trying to figure out how to do two layer vinyl, the issue I'm having is when I vector trace an image in vinylmaster cut it work fine. when I go to cut by separate colors the background layer of vinyl cuts the outline and the text from the top layer into the back layer. Is there anyway to stop this? I'd like to have the background one solid outline cut. I've attached an image for reference. on the background layer of black I want it to cut just the outline of black, but it also cuts the outline of the green layer I'd put on top.

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

When in doubt pull the two colors completely apart. When you go to cut it no longer matters where the colors are in relation to each other so sometimes I will select all the top color and pull it to the side and see what's left. You can also hide the color on top and get the same results. IF there are holes there behind that you didn't intend then you can deal with it. 

• Like 1

In scalps i would make 2 different pages.1 for the top layer to cut and another page for the background to cut. Simple..I dont ever use reg marks due to my table i built eliminates the need for them.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.