Primal Decals

Question On my HTV Pricing

Yes i know ,,,, everyone is going to be different ... But i re-designed a shirt for my dads old school again and this time its came down to what i was asking for a completed shirt. I was thinking about 12 bucks for a shirt but my dad seems to think that is way to high. here is the design.These are a 12" sq. So am i way to high or ? Im getting shirts for around 2 bucks right now and using Siser easyweed regular. Im waiting to hear back from Sanmar still to get better pricing.I know if they buy bulk numbers i would give a deal of course but i just need to know if im over pricing myself for like 1 shirt since im still new to the HTV world.Thank you all in advanced.AI color  test ready for send to cut  copy 1.jpg

you are not too high and anything 2xl or above you will be way low.  - did you charge them for design time?  it is is 35+ then order some plastisol transfers - if lower then 12 they are getting a deal with htv.

• Like 2

Ok thanks Dakotagrafx......I have not charged for design time as of yet.This was a test run for the new logo for final approval after a change was made. shirt is going to bee seen Tues. They no longer have a design person for their shirts and so my dad mentioned me and so i stepped up.Keeping my fingers crossed.  Oh where do i look into the plastisol transfers ? and is it good quality? Im very picky when it comes to things being the best. i dont like to cut corners anywhere on material etc.

I can't get $12 per shirt in my area for that simple single color but would be around $10.50. Whatever your market will allow is the best price. Hard to do 3 or 4 for the $10.50 and be worth warming the press up. I still do it often and have been able to turn the onesie twosie customers into larger orders in many cases. F&M Transfers is who I use for bulk screens. Good products and very lost cost. 7 second press so they go really fast. Your cost on that HTV is somewhere in the $3 range plus cut and weed time. F&M single color would be around $1.25 ish for around 25-30 of them with zero time in cutting and weeding. Vinyl is more resilient and a definite UpSell but often clients don't care or even know the difference. If you are doing low volume and/or multi-color work the HTV starts to be the better price point. I do a lot of HTV even large orders that would be cheaper to go plastisol but I like to do my own work and the higher quality is also good for reputation so I deal with the lower revenue occasionally and hire my kids to weed for a small nominal fee.

On really large orders I have used the F&M option and saved my client a lot of $$ while making more myself so it pays to have it in your wheelhouse. F&M website is a little odd but you get used to it.

• Like 1

First off I would check your measurement because 12" is pretty big on a shirt.   I normally stick to 10" on regular size shirts.   Try it out and see what you think.  .

2nd

$12 for 1 shirt isn't bad at all.   I can get $15-20 for a one off shirt.  I do it all the time.  When they do decide to buy more you can decrease the price alittle but make sure it's known that you're not charging a design fee which is normally $30-60.  Show them a price with the design fee so they have a visual of what the cost would be with that.  

Next check out your plastisol transfer options for larger orders.   F&M has a GREAT program were they charge you a design fee of $25 and they it's just $.15-.20 a transfer.   I'm doing a 100 shirt order and it's only costing my $70 for the transfers and whatever the cost of the shirts are.   

With a 7 sec press I can do all 100 shirts and only have 2 hours time in it (Increasing design time).

Rough estimates are $70 for the transfer + $300 for the shirts + $120 2 hours of labor. 

And it's a $900 order.  

You can't bet those numbers with HTV. 

• Like 2