Sign in to follow this  
kainth.c.s

Help required

Hello everybody

I have been approached by a voluntary group offering free food for the homeless in australia. They got some decals done on their van. The problem is whenever they had to stand or put the van to rest, they need to keep the door open and the word FREE FOOD changes to FRED ( see images ).

Any inputs on the modifications that can be done without ripping much of the stickers. I know I need to rip the yellow stickers FREE FOOD but I don't want to do much damage to the other installed decals.

Regards

Singh

WP_20170220_20_15_15_Pro.jpg

WP_20170220_20_15_35_Pro.jpg

Maybe start a Advertising Campaign that Embraces the Flaw.... "FRED's Fine Foods" :) or somethingorother.

Often, in Interior Decorating & Design, when there is an Obstacle (for instance, exposed Duct work) that

you are unable to successfully Hide, you make it the Focal Point and it looks 'On Purpose'...

perhaps even grow a Trademark around it. Put "Fred" elsewhere on the Truck & include it in

Future Advertising & Promotions. Create a Mascot Character Named Fred & put his image on the Truck.

Then there's always 'Do it the Right Way and just take it off there and put it on Correctly'.

You could still say "free food," but try installing the new vinyl so that "free" is completely on the sliding door and "food" is mostly, if not completely, covered when the door is fully open.  You might have to slightly reduce the size of the text, but at least "free" will be visible no matter if the door is open or closed.

As for removing and modifying other lettering, that's up to you and the volunteer group to decide, but it appears that something similar could be done to the blue "Freshly cooked vegetarian food" text too if you wanted.  It looks like that text could be shifted to the left so that "freshly cooked" was completely on the sliding door, and "vegetarian food" was covered by the door when open.  All in all, when the door is open you would see "free" and "freshly cooked."

Tenfour86

Thanks for the reply buddy but it is the yellow letters which the members are more concerned with.

However, I thought of a plan: If I put FREE on the sliding door and Food next to it and Put another FREE FOOD Letter set on the same window, then , if suitably placed, the FREE from the door and the FOOD from the other set installed at the back end should match

Did you or any other had any chance working with such idea?

I think putting this on the sliding door is your best bet:

FREE
FOOD

Doing a little amateur measurement using your image, it looks like the window is slightly larger than twice the height of a letter. You might be able to keep the text the same size or squash it so little that the size difference wouldn't be noticed.

• Like 1