Sign in to follow this  
Knobhill

Bridge brand cutters

I've aquired a Biridge 24" cutter and wonder if I should try it. Anyone have this cutter and what's your opinion? I won it on ebay for cheap. Is it a keeper?  I'm currently using a Pcut 24" and even with only limited use I like it. Thanx all.

Same as the Refine MH series we sell. That is the exact same cutter as our MH721.

Guest fivestar

Bridge cutter are the same as US Cutter's refine series I believe, I have a refine and love it.

Guest fivestar

Ken you're too quick ;D

Thanx for the quick replies. I gather I should hang on to it for now. Do any parts interchange?

I finally unpacked and assembled the cutter.(Pro 720) Only powerd up and did a self test cut since it's not hooked to a computer yet. Thanx to the info I read in this forum I knew what to check out of the box and found that the carrage was off it's track and fixed it before anything bad happened. :police::o

I finally unpacked and assembled the cutter.(Pro 720) Only powerd up and did a self test cut since it's not hooked to a computer yet. Thanx to the info I read in this forum I knew what to check out of the box and found that the carrage was off it's track and fixed it before anything bad happened. :police::o

:o

Plugged in my old laptop for some test cuts again today and what a pain it is to get the USB connection to work. Threw away the POS disk from Bridge and tried the Creation cd that came with my Pcut and walla, worked perfectly.  The Laptop is being over whelmed by the software but it's good enough for simple testing. I have yet to setup a computer for the second station.  Thought I'd let the Bridge owners know how I got mine to work. Roland PNC 1000 driver with all default settings except changing the USB com port to com2.

I've started using my Pro720 this past weekend for a couple production runs. It is setup on USB at all default settings. In one program I'mn using the Refine MH721 DMPL driver and in another the Roland PNC1000. The only thing I don't like is the plotter resets to factory default settinf every time it's powered up. I can live with that. I now see why so many people like the Refine.

Guest crshirts

Did you have to download the roland driver?

Could be why i can't get mine to cut in winpc sign

carl

No I didn't. There are other drivers that have been posted in other topics here that work. Sorry, I don't have WinPC Sign. Does it have the Refine MH721 driver?

Guest crshirts

It may have both haven't checked.

Carl

One of the reasons I recommend Serial if there is a choice. Still need to figure out why USB is so darn finiky.

Good question, why so finicky. Rang out all cables used and even did connection tests at both ends. Nothing.