GHEENEE1

GCC tracking

I have taken off my pinch rollers off of my GCC expert 24. Examined them with a magnifying glass and bright light. No cracks. Does anyone know if the springs lose tension over time? This cutter is eight years old. It cuts fine. Tracking issue with all vinyl.

a lot of time with tracking problems we find that people are either making the plotter pull off a roll of vinyl instead of pre feeding or they are using too much blade exposure causing excessive drag

• Like 1

so you are saying that once you feed it back and forth, adjusting it so the vinyl is tracking correctly at first that changes as it goes on with the cut?

what I am saying is does it change after your correct it so  it is initially feeding straight or are you just clamping the vinyl down and thinking it will be straight?

The tracking is off in every way, initially, prefeeding it, cutting. May buy a new cutter. After 8 yrs. it's paid for itself many times. Just started this week.

I would say it has served you well - I upgraded every year for my first 6+ years and still update every 3 years now.  it is an investment 

I put 3 new pinch rollers on a EX 24. Tracking issue solved. No cracks. just the springs were bad. 8 yr old GCC tracks like it should.

• Like 1