Sign in to follow this  
mfatty500

Nozzle check Aisle 4

Is there any need for alarm with my nozzle check looking like this? It appears to be printing fine after aligning, and a head reposition (and head cleanings)?  Thanks for any advise.

nozzle.jpg

might want to print a magenta block and retest  - it would make me a little nervous but until the nozzle has totally blocked nozzle or two it should look ok - I only lost 2 cyan on the old gx7000 and had to put it to bed - it created lines with only the 2 little nozzle segments not firing.  I have brought it out for a couple of throws but with those coarse threads they are made of it isn't noticeable.  it showed on cutting boards though

I just printed something using all black and it left a little red outline around some text. Thanks I'll give it a whirl.

• Like 1

Not off my printer but just like it, I did the capping station cleaning and several head cleanings, and still the same results

bad print.png

that ghost magenta wouldn't be from the partially clogged nozzle - maybe time to call sawgrass

I had a problem with my gx7000 = called sawgrass and even though it was just out of warranty they replaced it - but they was out of them for a couple of months so they sent a smaller printer in the mean time with ink, when the replacement gx7000 was sent I was offered to pack up the smaller unit and they pay shipping back or they let me purchase it for a discount and never charged for the ink set in it.  they have been good to work with

I think I missed an adjustment when I aligned the heads, I re-adjusted them and it printed fine, now to put it on a substrate and see what goes, but it looks much better. But I still have that smudge in the nozzle check, but the tech at sawgrass said not to worry to much about it, although she didn't see a picture of it.

• Like 1

Well after printing it to a substrate, she looks like it's back to normal, thanks for the help, and suggestions