rothaus

Cutter runs off on long cuts

I tried to cut a side script for a car 46" long with strips top and bottom and letters in between. The cutter starts with one stripe, then cuts the second, and the strip is getting thinner. then the letters get of track. I already set the speed low.

Any special tricks to keep this on track ?

Thanks

Engelbert

what cutter?  what vinyl - is your blade set too deep? have you messed with the pressure rollers adjustments since you got the cutter new?  not enough info

I have a US Cutter MH 721 MK2, and use Greenstar out door vinyl.

As long I cut smaller items it's fine. the problem starts when I have long stripes and the cutter goes for and back. The blade deep is set so it just cuts the vinyl and not the backing paper.

I will try to put more pressure on the rollers, that may help to keep it on track.

Thanks for any input

Don't make the cutter pull the vinyl off the roll. personally I wouldn't mess with the factory settings on the pressure - we have seen  a lot of people mess with it and make things much worse as they think that is why a cutter leaves marks on the vinyl

This is one of those trade offs you get when you avoid the high price tags on the high end cutters. It's called off-tracking and is a fact of life with budget cutters. The MH is the budget model among budget cutters. A work-around is to use software that can help. SignCut Pro has a feature called Step-by-step cutting and it will cut all parts of a graphic before moving on. In other words it will cut a given amount (user defined) say 12" of the design, both lines and all parts of the project before moving along to the next 12" segment. This CAN (not always) improve your results. Some situations still don't work out but it may be worth a try. I believe SignCut Pro has a free 7 day trial. 

• Like 1

I agree with what Dakota and Goose have to say.

Here's another little trick that you might try.  After you get the vinyl loaded in the cutter run it back and forth (in and out) a few times to make sure it's going to track straight.  make adjustments to the vinyl if it doesn't.

Doug