Sign in to follow this  
Doliz

What are my options for full color vinyl prints?

I've recently got a Vinyl Express Q-75 and I've been slowly adding decals to my online shops (I already sell things online fairly well) so decals was right up my alley considering I already was doing some vector designing for my other half of the business. Eventually I plan on adding T-shirts and clothing as well.

But my main goal is by this time next year, to save almost all of my vinyl cutting sales, and tax season next year get a nice wide format full color printer (which I will have a lot of research to do on that later as well for which one).  But, until that day comes, do I have some options to do smaller full color vinyl decals? Say, with my normal 8.5'' x 11'' color printer on small sheets of white vinyl, and then use my cutter to cut those shapes out? Or will I be pretty much held to basically single color vinyl decals until I can save up thousands for the wide color printer?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

for 8.5 x 11 inch size decals, printed on an inkjet ---- I would try something like papilio paper. but understand that these would not be as strong or permanent as other methods.

next, if you want to contour cut them - your software for the cutter would also have to read crop marks, -- its a learning process in itself.

for wide format - you have latex, and eco-solvent and others- you can do a search on those terms for threads. 

• Like 1