thredz

The latest videos

I watched a few of the videos that were posted yesterday.While they are good at showing how to run a cutter,but they aren't worth a damn at showing people on this forum how to run a 721 - 1351 or cp-2500.We have people daily having problems on running the cutters they purchased from uscutter,NOT ROLAND!I watched two videos and all I could think is how nice that we are promoting rolands now.I'm sure roland appreciates it since they don't even do what we are doing.When I signed up to this forum,it was because it was to help on the cutters that were sold through uscutter and selltopia.I do understand that you don't have to own a uscutter to be on the forum,but it would sure be nice if we had videos showing tech support for our cutters.I spend whatever free time I have jumping to this board to offer what help I can,which at times is very limited.I can't and won't offer support for any other cutters than the ones I run because I don't know anything about other cutters.If you have a need for people to post videos,then have them post videos on running the cutters that the people who try to help on this forum are running.Just my 2 cents.

Ideally billy, that is exactly what our goal is. To show USCutters in action. Setting up with different programs, examples of cutting, tutorials etc.

At this time however, we could only come up with what we got. It is not intended to frustrate our USCutter owners, yet to give examples of the way cutters work in general, as well as the graphic software. A quick reference for all of our new users who have never used a cutter, and can now afford one with our low pricing. We also plan to gather troubleshooting videos, videos on replacing parts etc.

Your point is well taken, and exactly what we are striving for. These are simply all we could muster up on short notice. We certainly do not want to promote Roland, or any other brand for that matter, it was just intended to offer basic cutting assistance to our new users.

Happy cutting everyone, and look forward to more USCutter specific videos in the future.

:)

Well I find it very frusterating and irritating.This board has been up since september of 2006 and I have seen nothing in the way of videos to show how to run the cutters.We get a post about someone having problems with a roland,and the next day I see multiple posts of videos showing how to cut with a roland.I spend my days and night checking this board to help people out.And if you don't believe me,check my stats.There are 3 1/2 to four hours in the a.m. when I haven't made a post on this forum.And that is only because I sleep during those 3 hours.I link graphics of the cuts and plots I do to my websites.I promote uscutters in the t-shirts I sell in my route 66 guitar parts ebay store.I promote uscutter as heavily as I can.You may think you giving people examples of how to run a cutter,but to people who have never had any experience,they will watch the videos and wonder how to set their cutters that way,or they may even go buy a roland instead because at least they can see videos on how to run them.The only thing I see out of it is more confusion!

I agree but for setting blade depth, testing, different materials and whatevere other basic information they are showing the information still may be helpful to a newbie even if it is a roland. In my opinion the only real major difference is the elctronic eye.

Billy, I agree with you on some level.  I appreciate your very pro-USCutter stance.  My take on it is this:

Our product will speak for itself.  We will make the commitment to strive to provide the best performing and best priced products out there.  If there are details about other companies products, it should be of little detriment to us unless we are not succeeding in our commitment.  I had asked my employees to go out and search for videos to include on the site.  In reality, I wanted them to aggregate the videos that have been posted by current members.  It looks like my instructions were not very clear.  But for future reference, I want this site to be a repository for all information that will help our community.  In some cases, there will be instructional videos about how to setup another brand plotter that will be equally valuable for our customers.  If you feel that the video should use a USCutter machine, I do invite anyone to make a video.  In fact, I would like to have a contest at some point for those who create videos and hard-copy instruction videos.  If anyone posts a video now, they will be able to use it as part of any contest in the future.  That said, a video showing a unit that does contour cutting is of no benefit to our customers and should not have been posted.

Billy, you are an extremely valuable member of our community.  Can I ask you to please bear with me as we are struggling to keep up with work and we are trying to put precedence on our top commitments (such as customer support).  Our secondary commitments (the forum and web-site) will become much better in time.

- Marcus

I guess you're right.I'm very PRO USCUTTER!!!!! I push these cutters every chance I get.And I don't work for the company,I'm just one of the people who bought a cutter with the only knowledge of cutting was watching a guy run one while I was on my way to the pit to clean out a silk screen.And,as you all ready know,(Since U B Da Man!) I don't get any kind of commission if someone sees the pictures of the most super fantastic works of art ever created on the planet Earth!,and decides to buy one the cutters you sell.But yet,I push them like a used car salesman.And on the posts,the only good post out of that whole batch was the review where they rated the Copam above a roland.Now that was a must read.So,the next time someone asks how it compares to a roland,I'll send them that link.And I guess contests are good.But not everyone has the time for videos.I think that everyone in this forum should get off of their collective asses and post some pictures of their work.Hell,I'll bet if everybody started posting pics,you would have to buy more file storage.And,I think you should put the link to the Copam review in the Copam auctions and website.It would be a definite plus on sales.And I understand your commitment priorities.But you should understand not only mine,but Tater,Beardown,Fivestar,BannerJohn and quite a few others.Our priority is this forum!We are here to try to help.We don't do no sales or stocking or unloading them damn trucks.We are merely people trying to help.

Dang Billy! Took the words right out of my mouth....

I want to hear more about this video contest???

I am definately interested.  Looks like I got alot of work to do...

I think the prize should be a new copam...    :)

Guest fivestar

ssssshhhhh.........Billy don't say anything about putting the review on the auctions until I can save enough $$$$$ and grab one off ebay. :)  If the company wants to give me a big discount feel free to PM me.  :hysterical:

Okay,Marcus,don't put the review on the auction up untill fivestar gets the money to buy a Copam.

I just bought a new MH-1351 and I have got two rolland cam1's but needed a large format plotter so I chose the MH-1351. I got it in Fri. the 27th of April and the cutter head is out of the tracks and do not know how to put it back into tracks I seen in other post that this happens during shipping. I hate to send it back just to have that done but there is no exploded view of the printer for parts or part replacement and if this happens in shipping sometimes shouldn't there be a paper included telling people that it happens and if there's is off track what to do. I do not want to void my warranty by putting it back on track but I also don't want to have to send it back to do something so petty and have it shipped back to just jump out of track again. I also would have at least have a book with explanation on how to and why to adjust speed and force and setting up blades to cut. I am not knocking the plotter or US CUTTER I am just saying that the manual is lacking some information. I do wish there were some video's and would not even mind paying for them. But I do promote the plotter and I just got it and told my high school best friend (Brother) about it cause he does lots of decals and race car graphics about it and he is buying two of them so I do not mind promoting a great product just wish there was a little more help available.

You simply push up a bit on the carriage to re-seat on the tracks, and you will not void your warranty.