KDM_Freak

First Order

Hey everyone, 

I been on & off here for a while and just got my first T-shirt order (nothing crazy only 5 shirts) & had a pretty basic question.

So I been looking around on sizing & came across a lot of people using the 10x8 for almost every style garment until of course we hit the X sizes. Now the question is I have my 2 color image so clearly they are being cut separate from one another. Now do I make both color cuts 10x8 & line them up or is the 10x8 the size they should be together? Below is a image of a pig with wings (which will be pink HTV) and then below in black will be RIP NANNY on white shirts. just so you have an idea what I'm working with. 

Thank you in advance for any advice or opinions you can shoot my way! - Mike

9a6e6d8092b408d4e5a6624369210bee.jpg

Another tip on size. When in doubt I printout out on a sheet of paper to scale and trim around the image with scissors (just roughly) and hold it on the shirt to see if it looks about right to the natural eye. Some things you think need to be 10 or 11 inches turn out looking more appropriate at 9 and vise versa. 

• Like 3

For me on any design for decals for vehicles or for tshirts, i make a preview using a real image of a shirt scaled to the correct size etc and then bring my design over the top using Ai and then that gives a good idea on what it will look like,plus you didnt waist any material..Just a thought

Thank you guys for the fast responses ! I will definitely group them size and cut. Now that I'm thinking all 5 are for women & 4 shirts are actual vnecks so I might even adjust the 10 as stated. 

12 minutes ago, Primal Decals said:

For me on any design for decals for vehicles or for tshirts, i make a preview using a real image of a shirt scaled to the correct size etc and then bring my design over the top using Ai and then that gives a good idea on what it will look like,plus you didnt waist any material..Just a thought

15 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

Another tip on size. When in doubt I printout out on a sheet of paper to scale and trim around the image with scissors (just roughly) and hold it on the shirt to see if it looks about right to the natural eye. Some things you think need to be 10 or 11 inches turn out looking more appropriate at 9 and vise versa. 

Thank you guys for the fast responses ! I will definitely group them size and cut. Now that I'm thinking all 5 are for women & 4 shirts are actual vnecks so I might even adjust the 10 as stated.