Macee80

Text "shadow" help

Good Morning all. 

Mom working on a small truck lettering job or a friend. 

And for like life of my I cannot figure out how to do this in Corel draw. 

What I need to do

create a two color letter, gray lettering with a lime green "shadow" 

ive attached what I am trying to do from a word doc. 

I would like to have the shadow a little more pronounced 

any input would help. 

Thanks 

IMG_4558.PNG

I am NOT a Corel user and one of them will happen along with the correct tip soon but I'll try to help you get there. What you are really making are two copies stacked offset to get the shadow you desire and then a third which is like an outline of the top that you punch through the shadow with to create the space between the shadow and actual text. I use AI and we throw the shadow back there and then do a path offset on the original and use it to punch out the shadow for the gap. I know Corel does it somewhat differently but same end result. Maybe that will help you. 

Create your text, copy & paste or duplicate, change the color so you can see it, place the bottom text where you want it, Create a contour around top text, break apart contour (by right clicking or by choosing break aprt contourin the object drop down menu), now select the contour color and the back text (the one you want to use as a shadow), in the weld tools select back minus front

One way.

Create your text.

Select text and copy and paste. It will show up on top of the original.

Change the color of the copy and move to the position you want, then move to back of page.

Create a contour around the original text to create the gap size you want. then right click on the contour and separate contour.

In shaping, select copied text and contour and apply back minus front.

This may help as well.

http://product.corel.com/help/CorelDRAW/540215253/EN/Doc/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm

500 beat me by seconds.

Just checked, that link. You can get to your version by clicking help and help topics.