Pcampo

Is there matte finish htv?

I'm just starting out making kids/baby tshirts and I was wondering if there's matte finish htv? If so, would that be better to use than the regular finish htv on tshirts? Would it cost more? Thanks in advance

Won't make a lot of difference but the stretch is a little softer. I haven't tried the lightweight stuff yet. I bet it would be really nice on a white onesie. You can buy most of the ht. by the foot if you only need a little. 

Easyweed Strech claims to be ultra-matte, but I haven't tired.  Sometimes you can go from gloss to matte on a many HTV brands by cold peeling, but most have their glossiness built in.  Hitting the HTV a second time can sometimes mute glossiness, but not eliminate it.

also try using a butcher paper over your htv if you want to tone down the gloss a little - I use siser colorprint pu for the solvent printer but waiting on resolution on the 2 rolls I have that came off the backing  by itself after printing :( 

Parchment paper works good as well for taking the shine down. Do a second shorter press after removing the carrier sheet.

• Like 2