Sign in to follow this  
arty-rc

FAA Signs

I had to make some signs for my RC flying club last week. Our field is located in the NO FLY ZONE for Palm Beach International Airport as well as Mar-a-Lago. We have to close the field this comming weekend also, and the RC flying club on the North end will close too.

IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0319.JPG

• Like 3

I had to make three more signs yesterday so that all the entrances to the runway and quad areas are covered. He will here for the weekend again. 

So with the visits every weekend is it a boon for the local economy?  would be one heck of a place to have a good food truck - have windows on each side and sell flag decals on one side and resist decals on the other along with the food - play both sides

• Like 2

Both my RC flying club and the North club ane not happy having to shut down the fields every time he is in town. The local small airport is losing thousands of dollars every week due to the FAA Notam, not to mention the extra expense for the county.

yeah, I figure for 4 years on the club it will be necessary to find a place away from there to fly - I also get the loss to the county but that is minimal compared to what NYC is paying in extra expenses.   

6 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

You're diabolical Scott

remember the ferry dude in the outlaw jose wales?  in this job you have to be able to sing the battle hymn of the republic and Dixie with equal enthusiasm. :)

• Like 3

"we got something' round here called the Missouri boat ride" One of my favorite parts of that movie. 

• Like 1

looks like the signs are getting lots of use= too bad they didn't have dates on them so they needed replaced :)

I don't have any answers. All the local RC Flying clubs are trying to get with the officials to see what can be done for us. The local full scale small plane airport is really hurting. They can't even start any aircraft engines when he is in town. We all should know more in the coming weeks. They say that they are working on it. 

• Like 2

Arty - any relief in site for the flying club?  are they raising your taxes down there?

Nothing that I have heard yet. Been up in Lakeland, Fla at a jet contest all week.

• Like 1