Sign in to follow this  
naswifty

using/cutting bitmap images

can someone help me out here? I'm using a Refine 365 unit with SBE software.

I've been asked to make a company logo on an image I acquired of his website. I've tried several different ways to import the image into SBE and both are succesful. The problem is in that when I choose the cut function, I get an error message that I can't cut a bitmap image. I've read thru the manual and can't find anything about doing it.

anyone have a info to steer me in the right direction???

You need to vectorize the image first. BMP's are raster images while the cutting software needs vector images to cut. Signblazer has a function to convert raster to vector images. First you need to convert the image to monochrome (Image + Mode + Monochrome) then it will let you vectorize it (Image + Vectorize).

now I see whay you're the HERO member. . . thanks so much for the hookup...works like a charm ;D

Jeff

I am having the same trouble when I do the Monochrome the color part of my image goes away. Why is this happening.

I would suggest to download a free program called Inkscape(http://www.inkscape.org). With this program you can vectorize a .jpg, .bmp, .gif, etc and then convert it to a .eps file(what the cutter needs for cutting) within seconds. It's a great program, and highly recommended.