CHIVERS CUSTOM VINYL

68 titan, vinylmaster xpt not scanning for registrationmarks marks

I'm new to this scene. 68" titian 3 using new Epson surecolor s40600 to print. I have vinylmaster xpt and it has never scanned for reg marks on my prints but if I do the calibration sheet it does and it is calibrated to the micron. any help would be appreciated.

ps my prints have the reg marks

congrats - can you make enough on banners in cali to make it worth it? - since the cheap mail order it is hard to make enough around Michigan unless they need it right away. back 6-7 years ago print prices were double on most stuff and at least 5 times higher on banners

I charge 5.5 a square foot. And sell them on the fact that you don't  have to worry about image quality issues because I care and Vista print just prints what you give them. I deal with mainly full custom jobs. Havnt had a simple sale banner job yet. Attached is a job I did. 4x10 banner. 5.5 per sqft, $75 design fee and charged $30 to remove the background from the dogs. Totaling 325

8700.jpeg

cali king kennels.jpg

everyone around here just orders from the dozens of other shops that charge $1 sq ft and hard to sell them on quality as what they get is usually good enough for them - vista doesn't even come into play with so many others out there and I won't turn mine on for that kind of money.  your advantage will be super wide jobs as most people have 54" printers, that and after a couple of years when the expenses start they tend to drop off on quality or disappear.  I lucked into my fist printer on a divorce sale in Flint (harder to get people to go into flint with cash) - that coupled with the higher prices back then made it easier to buy the printer (first roland)  last year I did an upgrade to a newer version for $1500 and that was hard to justify.  in about 2.5-3 years I will have to sell it when we start traveling more

I spent a lot of money on the new epson and I wish I would have spent more on my cutter although I bought it new as well. I can't complain on the way I have marketed myself and the company. I don't charge extra for grommet and no hidden fees.straight to the point and  So far it's worked out for me. But time will tell. Shops around me charge 7-8 per sqft for banners your right in the fact about the width but some people want larger and I just tell them I have to weld together 

1 hour ago, CHIVERS CUSTOM VINYL said:

BTW how would a company stay in business charging $1 sqft. I mean you profit would be like 15 cents must have sweat shops turning out bulk orders. 

Check out signs365 etc, there are lots of them.  High volume, once the locals start ordering there word gets around fast.   Heck we had someone on here a while back at $1 sq/ft from southern cali.   

Printers are sexy but they have to stay very busy to be profitable.  Margins have dropped a lot in the last 2 years and this time every year hundreds more come n board spending tax returns without doing research.   Great source for slightly used printer later for others. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.