Jeekinz

Resizing image using measurement between two points

It's early and I think I'm over thinking this.

I have an image that measures 2" between two points, I need to resize the image so that measurement is 9".  This isn't the width of the image but a measurement inside of it.

Thanks, sorry, long week.

So, if the current width between two points is 2" and you need that distance to be 9", you can use that ratio to resize your entire image.
Lets say that the total width of your image is currently 5".
Here is the math:
DesiredWidth / CurrentWidth = RatioMultiplier
RatioMultiplier * CurrentTotalImageWidth = NewImageWidth
9 / 2 = 4.5
4.5 * 5 = 22.5

• Like 1

Most graphic programs have a way to make guide lines.  Make two that are nine inches apart line one edge of the image to one and resize to the other.  Might get pixelation unless it is vector.

I usually just make an object that is a contrasting color and make it the size I want to hit (9" in this case) Be sure it is on top so you can see it then elect your work that you want to resize and start working up until the are you want to be 9" fits. Soren's math way it the smart play but sometimes when you are tired or lazy you might want to cheat. 

And depending on the software you are using, there maybe a tool to do this. Signblazer has a measurement tool that can also be used to resize shapes/drawings.

Thanks everyone!

I actually remember doing what WildGoose wrote, haha, told you I was over thinking it.

Thanks for the math and guides tips as well!

• Like 2