I have a LaserPoint II cutter and i'm noticing some issues with it not being accurate in the dimensions of the decals I'm cutting so I made 5 squares to test the accuracy (.5x.5", 1x1, 1.5x1.5", 2x2", 6x6").   I noticed that the .5" square and the 1" square were accurate when measuring it with a ruler, but as the squares got larger I noticed it would be 1/16" to small and grow as the sizes of the squares went up.  When I measures the 6" square, I was off 3/16 of an inch (4 13/16" was the measured dimensions).

Has anybody else had this issue?  It's probably something easy, but I just haven't found a solution on the forum.

Im running MacOS with Sure Cuts A Lot 3 Pro.  I know it doesn't seem like much, but I have a few projects where the true dimensions of the final product need to be exact.

Thanks!!

I too have had this problem since purchase. And yes i bought this so i can do bigger  vinyl. For example 20" × 27" is never cut to that dimension. Always .5 to 2 inches off at that size. Sent email 1.5 years ago requesting onfo on how fix issue. I never received reply. 

I have only been able to use this cutter  for approximate size jobs. I too would sure love any advise on how to fix this issue too.

I aggree, exact dimensions are very important sometimes.

I don't have SCALP but some where in your software there should be a scale factor you can fiddle with. Your machine is a stepper motor machine and I believe typical settings are 1000 steps per inch. Perhaps someone on here that uses SCALP can chime in and let you know where that setting is. If not, you could always try a different software and see if you can get the cuts correct. I know Signblazer allows you to adjust the distance per step as well as the cut extension for Inkscape.