Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

router causing problems with wired devices

Just something to document and keep in the back of your mind down the road.  Got a new Linksys router ac7500 and when connected none of the WIRED devices could communicate with each other.  tried 3 older routers and no problem, every time I added the new router same issue. spent 1.5 hrs on with linksys foreign support the other night and gave up.  Today went to get another new linksys router and hooked it up - same support but this time when I called I got level 2 support from linksys.  after about 30 min discovered the roland printer was out of range for the new router so changing the internal ip on the plotter fixed that.  then he changed some of my other security settings and the computers are all playing nice and more importantly the design computer and the printer computer can now print to the roland again.   also made sure the back up printer computer got reconfigured too.
  I could not fathom how a router at the head of the network was stopping the communication between the printer computer and the printer that are in the same room connected with a unmanaged switch in that room - but it did and thought I would pass the experience on to others that might run into this.  

• Like 1